Like Tree69Likes

Je ne regrette rien

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Sorry for the delay. UK route please
    I just sent a little from my Lloyds UK account so should be with them within the next 2 hours if not already.

All the best.
    hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    I just sent a little from my Lloyds UK account so should be with them within the next 2 hours if not already.

All the best.
    Many thanks

The reason for the Shri/UK route is that there is zero stress for me. I get a text message to say the money is available to collect just down the road and there are never any problems.

I don't know who all the donors were so I have to make a general update. Given people donated very generously then I feel I should give an update on my wife's condition.

Her cough has totally gone which has to be a very good sign.

She is still very weak though. Last week spent 3 days straight in bed or just in the house. She rests most of the day even on better days. BUT it is slowly getting better, though she might not agree with my assessment.

Being the person she is this does not stop her charity work. A friend took her to get medicine and on the way back they stopped at a street food place. Sat eating when a boy, about 11, comes begging. My wife never gives money but asked if he wanted to eat. He did.

She 'interviewed' him. Oldest of 8! Begs in the morning and goes to school in the afternoon. Dad is a scavenger, collecting plastic from garbage bins. Mum is sick and at home with the youngest.

So my wife says take us to your house. Friend, male, goes in and comes out with tears in his eyes. 10 of them living in one room about 100 sq ft. No running water. Food is cooked on a camp fire outside. Washing of themselves, clothes and utensils is in a bucket next to the fire. Mother is a skeleton due to untreated TB.

As my wife said, in terms of status there is the lowest of the low and this family are somewhere below that.

They had not fallen through the safety nets but completely missed them. If my wife was well she would have gone to the Mayor and tried to sort them out. As it was all she could do was buy them food using a very little of her medicine money.

Anyway an extraordinarily big thanks to all of you for being there and unknowingly also, just a little, helping another family.

They had not fallen through the safety nets but completely missed them. If my wife was well she would have gone to the Mayor and tried to sort them out. As it was all she could do was buy them food using a very little of her medicine money.
    She and her network should be able to find someone to sort them out. I'd imagine with all the work you guys have done, there should be some sort of network of local well wishers in place.
    hullexile likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5