Like Tree23Likes

Govt PR: Yellow / Red Vaccine Code Clarifications

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Have to wonder if the HKSAR Government is deliberately trying to suppress the official number of cases by actively discouraging people from reporting positive test results:

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...ect-color-code
    Have to report, like the working places have to undergo RAT test every 3 days, the result must be strictly send to the company. Once they get positive they have to report to the company and government, the company will not give them Sick Leave if they the they didn't report the positive result to the government.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Doesn’t like the level of infection despite two weeks of high dose antiobiotics. Could be a long haul item - certainly don’t want it getting worse
    Lay off the walking

Have a bit more protein if you are not

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor:
    Have to wonder if the HKSAR Government is deliberately trying to suppress the official number of cases by actively discouraging people from reporting positive test results:

https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...ect-color-code
    I've never wonered that, because all cases are false positives and this whole thing is a hoax to justify taking absolute control over people's lives.
    HongKong_Great likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Lay off the walking

Have a bit more protein if you are not
    Stitch removed deferred to next Monday which will make it day 26!

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    In reality however there's 3 situations

The letter of the law, the intent of the law, the reality of enforcement.

@TakeshiT & @natino

You seem to going about this the wrong way.

LHS 'can be' a completely stand alone system not linked to you, your vaccine record, the internet or your travel history.

'A freind' has an old iPhone 5s that runs an older version of LHS (they don't even know what vs. it is as it's all in Chinese). That phone is a burner, with no sim card and no personal details of the owner, it's naturally not connected to the internet and has obviously never had any vaccine details (or any details at all) - It's an utterly anonymous phone.

My friends main phone has no LHS on it, but does have the E-health app and a photo of the QR code from their vax certs (as well as a few photos of a few other random QR codes).

On entering 'participating venues' my friend allows the pic of the QR code to be scanned and gets' the green light and the bing bong sound - That's all most gatekeepers want.

"Bing bong" - on ya go.....

If my friend is ever asked to scan using his LHS app (rarely) he just smiles, say's "cannot la" and walks on whilst mimicking the 'bing bong' sound.

In most scenarios this's enough.

The fact is, my friend HAS the burner phone (most of the time) so could scan the LHS 100% annoymously but chooses not to - why?

Because he can
    And because that's one of the ways he learns how much he can get away with.

On the rare occasions some gatekeeper goes all super anal and insists on LHS, the burner is produced and the charade is complete, OR.....on other occasions my friend refuses that too and threats of the police are made (and ignored). On the even rarer occasions that the police are called there are another 2 options available:

1) Leave the building before they arrive - they're never quicker than 15 mins and generally take 30 mins+
    2) Go to another part of said building (for my friend it's LCSD sports centres) scan the LHS with the burner (out of sight of the gatekeeper) and get on with your activity.

If and when the cops eventually turn up (even that is not a given) show them both phones, and make the anal gatekeeper lose face. This strategy has been successfully applied more than once. The old version LHS on a disconnected phone is completely legal.

But why does my friend go to all this trouble?

Well, he says because when anal people have a bad experience trying to force petty laws on others, they lose their appetite for such actions in future. And to boot, these individuals are the worst type of jobsworths who are complicit in grinding HK down. Fuck em (he adds).

Slowly chipping away at anal peoples willingness to stick to these systems in front of their colleagues is an effective way to win in HK.

So back to QR codes and LHS - Yes there is still a question about how this will work post travel when you're in the Q.period.

Today one of the gatekeepers asked my friend to scan (with his LHS) in a scenario where normally he's not asked, they were fobbed off with a "cannot la" and a smile and a "bing bong"

But maybe they're going to get back to trying to enforce b.o.t.h scanning protocols and not just be satisfied with the vaccine cert..... We'll see.

Or maybe as Shri says, the vaccine QR code will be made to turn red for those 4 days; I suspect both, but my friend knows there are always weaknesses in the system...
    So to confirm; a test was conducted a few days ago with a photo of my wife's QR code (Using it to be scanned into McDonalds). She was still inside the 4 day post quarantine phase at that time.

The scanner did give the QR the rejected red cross, but because there was no one manning the entrance (as there seldom is) nobody noticed.

What they did notice was that I wasn't wearing a mask and hurriedly asked me to put one on whilst I simultaneously scanned the QR code again (when they were in the immediate vicinity). Of course it pinged red again and yet they STILL didn't notice because they're blinded by their petty mask obsession.

I of course refused the mask "i'm just going to order then I'll sit down to wait" - Once you're sitting you're eating in the HK fucked up world of compliance.

So I ordered a drink (which I didn't really want - McD is shit really and we all know it), drank it leisurely at my seat and then left.

So yeah, as my friend wrote above, there are always weaknesses in the system.

If you go places where they don't actively check that you scan the code, what stops you from using a screenshot of a blue QR?

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    So to confirm; a test was conducted a few days ago with a photo of my wife's QR code (Using it to be scanned into McDonalds). She was still inside the 4 day post quarantine phase at that time.

The scanner did give the QR the rejected red cross, but because there was no one manning the entrance (as there seldom is) nobody noticed.

What they did notice was that I wasn't wearing a mask and hurriedly asked me to put one on whilst I simultaneously scanned the QR code again (when they were in the immediate vicinity). Of course it pinged red again and yet they STILL didn't notice because they're blinded by their petty mask obsession.

I of course refused the mask "i'm just going to order then I'll sit down to wait" - Once you're sitting you're eating in the HK fucked up world of compliance.

So I ordered a drink (which I didn't really want - McD is shit really and we all know it), drank it leisurely at my seat and then left.

So yeah, as my friend wrote above, there are always weaknesses in the system.
    nice try Sage but the code would have been amber not red (which is for positive cases)

BULLSHIT BUSTED.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankshaft:
    If you go places where they don't actively check that you scan the code, what stops you from using a screenshot of a blue QR?
    Nothing, that’s the point, Except that that QR code will have to belong to somebody and therefore it’s feasible they might be somewhere else at the same time, but if you have no connection to them….

The wider point is that certain people claim that you have to 100% comply, when clearly it’s often easy not to..

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    nice try Sage but the code would have been amber not red (which is for positive cases)

BULLSHIT BUSTED.
    The good thing about all this pointless tracing is that you can also record it yourself……Red lettering and all for all to see.

But apologies if calling it a red cross rather than a red triangle made you embarrass yourself.

PROOF DELIVERED

Name:  32E7B81D-C709-4189-9A88-D9AD596667DD.jpeg
Views: 73
Size:  546.9 KB

Thank you and good night.
    Last edited by Sage; 27-08-2022 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Proof