Like Tree28Likes

Employment "Red Flag"

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Original Post Deleted
    Oh yes it is I teach high school kids math and physics lol. Honestly the work and their treatment is so shit I wanna get out and find another job. I don't know how to get out though with this 6 months clause.

You mention there is no insurance for you ? That is your get out clause, and they would get prosecuted for that.

1. Plfease contact law society. You can get up to 45 minutes free legal advice. Look for firms that offer employment law.

2. Contact Labour department. Go see them and bring them all your documentation. They will help you.

https://lawdirectory.hklawsoc.org.hk...l-Consultation

This is slave labour. Start looking for another job.
    I would communicate with your shitty employer by email and get them to write all that threatening stuff. It is really causing you mental stress so take sick leave.

But I think them not insuring you when you should be insured is their weakness.

If it is causing you mental stress, and it is, then it is hard to work and be the best. Goofing around - they won't care about you goofing around and the students not doing well. They only care about the money

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurs88:
    You mention there is no insurance for you ? That is your get out clause, and they would get prosecuted for that.

1. Plfease contact law society. You can get up to 45 minutes free legal advice. Look for firms that offer employment law.

2. Contact Labour department. Go see them and bring them all your documentation. They will help you.

https://lawdirectory.hklawsoc.org.hk...l-Consultation

This is slave labour. Start looking for another job.
    I would communicate with your shitty employer by email and get them to write all that threatening stuff. It is really causing you mental stress so take sick leave.

But I think them not insuring you when you should be insured is their weakness.
    Is it by law that your employer provides you with insurance? I did not even know it was mandatory. Is it really mandatory?? Cause if it is I actually don't have one provided. It actually mentions nothing in the contract about insurance at all.

Maybe the company is already insured for its employees but just didn't write for the contract? Because surely they cannot be that stupid right?
    Last edited by HumphreyResort; 10-08-2022 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HumphreyResort:
    Is it by law that your employer provides you with insurance? I did not even know it was mandatory. Is it really mandatory?? Cause if it is I actually don't have one provided. It actually mentions nothing in the contract about insurance at all.

Maybe the company is already insured for its employees but just didn't write for the contract? Because surely they cannot be that stupid right?
    A certain type of insurance for injuries at work for employees - not health insurance.

https://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/faq/cap282a_whole.htm

It's not mandatory unless you are a domestic helper. And the reason domestic helpers require insurance is to prevent them using the Hospital Authority system.

For everyone else, it's only mandatory that the company is insured against accidents involving their employees, mainly to prevent employees from being personally liable for the company's management fuckups.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    A certain type of insurance for injuries at work for employees - not health insurance.

https://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/faq/cap282a_whole.htm
    Does this specifically have to be stated on the contract ? Because on my contract like I mentioned there is only mpf and other basic things and no mention of insurance. Its likely the case they probably bought the insurance already and just isn't on the contract right? I am sorry im not a huge expert on law or anything of that sort.

Does this specifically have to be stated on the contract ? Because on my contract like I mentioned there is only mpf and other basic things and no mention of insurance. Its likely the case they probably bought the insurance already and just isn't on the contract right? I am sorry im not a huge expert on law or anything of that sort.
    @dinosaurs88 was confusing workplace insurance (mandatory, non contractual) with group medical (not mandatory, contractual). There is no law requiring employers to provide group medical cover.