Like Tree33Likes

Getting Fired

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by HumphreyResort:
    It says 6 months, but can they really charge me criminally in this period for not working properly or whatever ?
    Because you signed the job offer, you are expected to fall to stick through it. You probably need to check its clauses on termination, to find out what conditions are you allowed to be terminated. If their clauses of termination are not air tight then you have a chance to argue your case.

Or 'feel depressed' then take sick leave for it. Then you become a burden that they would be glad to be rid of but they can't exactly fire someone easily for being ill.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    You said in some post somewhere yesterday you teach high school kids maths and physics. Do you mean you work in a high school, or you just work as a tutor after school somewhere? Can you elaborate on this? For me, this is quite important.

If you are a tutor, then just go when you want and stop being so dramatic. But if you work at a high school, the school year just started last month FFS! I dont know much about teaching contracts but to me sounds normal that teachers would normally move on at end of school year, or maybe during mid year break, but certainly at a time that would not be too disruptive to students and school year. So given this context, a 6 months notice period is not shocking to me and you should suck it up, accept responsibility for where you are, and teach the kids properly as you agreed to do. If your employer sucks, then leave mid year or end of year sounds like a reasonable course of action.
    It is for a tutoring center or company.

Just leave.

Sounds like your students will be much better off not having you around.

hike, Crankshaft, aw451 and 5 others like this.

It is for a tutoring center or company.
    OK this bit quite important. Then 6 months notice is ridiculous and if you want to leave ASAP then leave ASAP and dont feel bad about it, tell your employer you are going now and "sue me if you want", dont expect to get your next salary (maybe tell them the day you get your salary in your bank account to minimise your losses?). Good luck finding a new job.

Where’s Brit when you need him? Turns up with shitty comments when not called for and has so far ignored an open invitation.

Quite frankly I’m amazed as the patience being shown on here for a ‘teacher’

Left an employer because they were shit.

Rejoined the same employer. Wants to leave because they are shit.

Signed up to some T&Cs without doing homework.

Take 1,000 lines. I must do much better in future.

shri and redslert like this.

...I guess we know now that the problem is really not the $hitty training center

I don't want to sound like a big ****hole.
    Proceeds to sound like a big ****hole.
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Please tell me this is not related to burnt toast

ByeByeEngland, aw451 and alexdown like this.

Original Post Deleted
    And that ….. sums it up nicely. Time to close this pathetic thread.
    TheBrit likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4