Like Tree11Likes

NowTV lands Qatar World Cup rights

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    I still cant get over the fact you have to pay for it. No way.
    Here in Philippines they are actually going to televise the world cup but only if you pay. About HKD 250. Won't be bothering. Will be interesting what the take up will be, mostly foreigners I would imagine.
    Tom007 likes this.

I seem to remember you could buy a 'world cup only' subscription during the last world cup. I dont think I did and went down the vpn route, but it was really annoying as that meant i had a bit of a lag and my whatsapp groups with mates overseas would spoil everything! :-)

I have used smartdns for around 8 years now. No problem with lag and 99% of tv watched is via this way, our NOW tv box is just for the bedroom to watch news channels only. No other channels are watched on it.
    Have ESPN for the F1, Peacock for the premier league games and then for others like the women's euros it was BBC or ITV players which are free.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    I have used smartdns for around 8 years now. No problem with lag and 99% of tv watched is via this way, our NOW tv box is just for the bedroom to watch news channels only. No other channels are watched on it.
    Have ESPN for the F1, Peacock for the premier league games and then for others like the women's euros it was BBC or ITV players which are free.
    8 years ago didn’t you travel to Brazil for the World Cup or was it another GeoExpat member?
    Shiojiri Hiro likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    8 years ago didn’t you travel to Brazil for the World Cup or was it another GeoExpat member?
    Yes I went to South Africa and Brazil for the world cup. Didnt bother with Russia and didnt get tickets for Qatar not that I really made an effort.
    Shiojiri Hiro likes this.

Designated NowTV World Cup channels are 618, 619

shri likes this.

NowTV offered World Cup 2022 at $280 but have to increase monthly package to average $340/m for 2 years