Like Tree16Likes

Getting positive balance out of credit card

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

@pin - You seem to be going to a lot of effort for this. Shouldnt it be just a couple of nights out on the town to wipe out that positive credit card balance quickly and easily, no?

@greenlover1991 - thanks so much for the detailed explanation.

Sorry just to clarify, once I transferred the money to Alipay from the CC I transferred it straight back to my SCB account.

I've checked my transfer history and its clearly marked as "Top up by Credit Card" and there is only one transfer.

So the hkd5k charge is showing on my cc now as well as an HKD5k debit on my bank account.

There is a note to confirm the cc transfer to Alipay but no notes about the hkd5k debit from my bank account.

I guess time to call up SCB.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    So the hkd5k charge is showing on my cc now as well as an HKD5k debit on my bank account.

There is a note to confirm the cc transfer to Alipay but no notes about the hkd5k debit from my bank account.

I guess time to call up SCB.
    Did you receive a total of 10k to your AlipayHK? If not, then must be a mistake in SCB side. You didn't link your bank account in the AlipayHK app right? nor registered for those eDDA thing?

Sorry that this hasn't gone as smooth as we thought it would be probably just go with the traditional cheque route
    pin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlover1991:
    Did you receive a total of 10k to your AlipayHK? If not, then must be a mistake in SCB side. You didn't link your bank account in the AlipayHK app right? nor registered for those eDDA thing?

Sorry that this hasn't gone as smooth as we thought it would be probably just go with the traditional cheque route
    Just got hkd5k into alipay (which was then transferred back to SCB).

So basically I am short by hkd5k now.

Yes, need to call SCB.
    greenlover1991 and shri like this.

All sorted now. SCB credited it. Thanks for your help.

greenlover1991 and shri like this.

@greenlover1991

I saw this with scb

https://www.sc.com/hk/credit-cards/t...-handling-fee/

Seems to suggest up to 100k? Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    @greenlover1991

I saw this with scb

https://www.sc.com/hk/credit-cards/t...-handling-fee/

Seems to suggest up to 100k? Or am I missing something?
    Ah I guess that takes over the T&C in post #10 from the online banking screen, post #7 was correct. I usually do 10k per month, but I don't think I've gone over 100k a year.

You could also do the Octopus AAVS trick if its linked to your credit card, but that's limited to 500/day and 10k/month per O! ePay account.

I guess just go with cheque route if you have such a large amount.
    pin likes this.