ESS Subsidy & Sole Proprietors

Closed Thread

ESS Subsidy & Sole Proprietors

I applied for the ESS (Just for me, Sole Proprietor, pay MPF annually in June and only had income in the company from October 2021, so just paid MPFfor Oct 2021 - March 2022 in the last cycle.)

They told me I did not qualify in July and I asked for a review; sent additional documents in July and got another message today asking for the SAME documents again.

I thought Sole Proprietors were eligible? Anyone else who is a SP managed to get any money? I rang them up in July to ask what they wanted and the guy on the phone just repeated what was in the email (which was in HK-Government-speak and thus totally unintelligible).

Sad to see how many of the other expat Sole Proprietors must have left HK to have absolutely no responses. 5 years ago there were quite a few on here.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Sad to see how many of the other expat Sole Proprietors must have left HK to have absolutely no responses. 5 years ago there were quite a few on here.
    Not sure the lack of response on here equates to them all having left HK but you never know.