Like Tree348Likes

Are we ever getting rid of masks?

Closed Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33

I admire your diligence in reading my past burblings. Eureka! someone is listening to me.

There are no pro mask wearers here on geoexpat apparently or none that feel strongly abt it to be the first to defend their position. Instead there's this strange faction of fanatics who are apparently not pro mask but are obsessed enough about the topic that they jump out to get first word in by making personal attacks on the anti mask. Which then makes it look like they're defending the pro maskers except not really cuz it just makes all the pro maskers look bad..

Yes the law is gone but the question the anti maskers asked before the law still remains unresolved after the law - it goes to the heart of the issue, why still wear when it doesn't help against covid so naturally they would continue to ask. The pro maskers are ones who keep changing their story. When there was the law, the fine was a big part of the argument and now the law is gone, there's additional newfound reasons. In fairness, I think these anti maskers actually take a bit of their word for it that's why they keep asking trying to understand "are you really serious? But why". I've always said it is a security blanket so I assume straightaway all the reasons they give are sorta half-truths - no reason for me to ask more to clarify. I think ppl who want to wear or got used to wear should just say I feel cleaner this way, there's no need to justify with some scientific or logical explanation. There are ppl who will change and shower again once they step out of their front door for however short a time because they just view outside cooties different as the cooties in their house. There's no need to explain this to anyone, you might get teased for being ocd or nonsensical but it's sorta unavoidable imo..

Quote Originally Posted by Zelensky2:
    As predicted masks are falling by the day, it's blatantly clear that most of those currently wearing are making no active choice at all beyond to follow the flock they were following last month, and the month before....

Credit for being obedient and blinkered in the face of reality, nothing much else.
    I just realized with what you said, there's no way of proving whether my security blanket theory or yours is right. So I guess timing / % of population is the only thing left to see who's right.
    Zelensky2 likes this.