Like Tree9Likes

Is Greater Bay Airlines any good?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by mistakes_maker:
    Thanks. HK Express definitely has more routes but I can't afford "surprise" flight cancellations like they did recently because I have to apply for leave from work (and it's no easy for me to do so). Should I book HK express instead?
    You should be fine either way. I have not flown either, but I believe the HK Express flight cancellation cock-up was pretty much a once-off event.
    mistakes_maker likes this.

Has anyone flown Greater Bay recently? As I heard they are quite strict now with the carry on, just 1 bag & can't go over 7kg otherwise exorbitant charges (like $800). And is it still no online checkin?

Angry DO NOT FLY with Greater Bay Airline

I booked a flight from Hong Kong to Bangkok and was given a short notice for delaying of the departure time. No alternative flight was provided. I did not agree to the last minute booking change and requested an involuntary refund through the agency I booked with. Later, I was informed, no refund would be issued because the delay was less than 6 hours. no way they have that written explicitly when I purchased my ticket. I had already booked another airline in case anything else happen to this flight.

On top of that, I found out this company changed the flight time to increase their ticket price. just terrible service.

DO NOT FLY with them unless you are okay with last minute changes or cancellations with no refunds.

Morrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by amizade:
    I booked a flight from Hong Kong to Bangkok and was given a short notice for delaying of the departure time. No alternative flight was provided. I did not agree to the last minute booking change and requested an involuntary refund through the agency I booked with. Later, I was informed, no refund would be issued because the delay was less than 6 hours. no way they have that written explicitly when I purchased my ticket. I had already booked another airline in case anything else happen to this flight.

On top of that, I found out this company changed the flight time to increase their ticket price. just terrible service.

DO NOT FLY with them unless you are okay with last minute changes or cancellations with no refunds.
    Last minute delays are not unknown with all airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by amizade:

I had the exact experience but 3 months ago - so it's not an isolated case. It's pretty bad actually, not just 30 mins or an hour delay, it was like 3-4 hours. So originally would arrive in Bkk abt 3pm, then with the delay 745pm. I just gave up the flight & booked another one but obviously lost the money through no fault of my own. People may say why not just wait it out but you would lost the best part of an evening & I had plans.

I fly to Bangkok every 2-3 weeks, zero issues with other airlines such as HK express, air Asia, cathay, hk Airlines, Thai on this route as regards delays. Just Gba

Make sure you write a Google review & on airline quality site
    Morrison likes this.

Wow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2