Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Peaky

Shipping a smart TV to Pakistan

Closed Thread

Shipping a smart TV to Pakistan

Hi all,

Secondary to my previous post; I also wanted some help/advice on what are my options to send a TV from HK to Karachi?

Any advice in this regard will be greatly appreciate. Many thanks in advance

While I think Pakistan uses the same Chinese DTV standard as HK, i am sure that shipping it over there is going to be prohibitively expensive. Probably way more than the cost of a new TV.

shri and Mrs. Jones like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ecy5mak:
    Hi all,

Secondary to my previous post; I also wanted some help/advice on what are my options to send a TV from HK to Karachi?

Any advice in this regard will be greatly appreciate. Many thanks in advance
    Prepare to get a big ask for import duties. Do you really want to deal with that. Speaking from experiences with Indian customs.

Quote Originally Posted by shree711:
    Prepare to get a big ask for import duties. Do you really want to deal with that. Speaking from experiences with Indian customs.
    Yup. That is true, which is why I probably wont do it in any case.

But just curious to see how much the shipping would be ? and whether or not DHL/SF Express/Fed Ex would ship to Pak.

I guess best way to find out would be to call them after CNY ends.

Thank you all

Custom duties for TV to Pakistan

https://pakistancustoms.net/2018/03/...i-airport.html

But just curious to see how much the shipping would be ? and whether or not DHL/SF Express/Fed Ex would ship to Pak.
    Also you dont use the big guys to ship a TV as airfrieght will cost you a crap load, you are better off going to Chung King Mansion to ask shippers how much to ship a tv back to Pakistan. lot cheaper.

Perhaps a laser micro projector would be easier.

that sounds more hassle and costly than getting replacing it with a new one on ground

Last edited by Bell_L; 23-01-2023 at 11:37 PM.

Original Post Deleted
    Dunno about Pakistan, but a reputable brand 43" tv is a lot more than 250 usd in HK.

Actually, why are tv's so expensive in HK? Compared to where I'm from, computers and phones are cheap, but tv's are expensive. I was thinking maybe it's because they take up more space, which means bigger shop required = higher rent = increase in price to cover expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Custom duties for TV to Pakistan

https://pakistancustoms.net/2018/03/...i-airport.html

Also you dont use the big guys to ship a TV as airfrieght will cost you a crap load, you are better off going to Chung King Mansion to ask shippers how much to ship a tv back to Pakistan. lot cheaper.

This is a good suggestion. Might as well ask them as well. Would anyone have any experience or leads on any reputable shipping companies?

Thank you

Leaving my experience in case any one in the future is contemplating this:

I contacted a bunch of Movers and they either didn't bother responding after I told them I want to ship 1 item to Pakistan, or they told me the truth that it would cost them too much and would be far too much of a hassle for them to just ship 1 item.

I also contacted DHL, which quoted $6000 as the cost, which doesn't make sense since a brand new TV of the same model is now for $2800

So TLDR;

Either take your TV along with multiple other household items, such as furniture. Otherwise dont bother. Even if you know people in Customs and can pay a min amount to get it cleared, its next to impossible to ship a TV.