• 3 Post By Peaky
  • 1 Post By jgl
  • 1 Post By aquaman
  • 1 Post By i-am-si
  • 1 Post By Crankshaft

Fortress trade-in

Closed Thread

Fortress trade-in

Thinking of getting the iphone 14 pr and trade in my iphone 13 pro. Apple trade in price is like HKD 1,000 less than what Fortress trade-in offered. Has anyone done any trade-in with Fortress?

No issues Go with it

Recently you cancelled plans for a trip to Japan over a few thousand HKD of flight price increases, but want to spend many more thousands on a tiny incremental upgrade to your top of the line phone?

Sounds like (another) expensive mistake.

HK_Katherine, emx and Crankshaft like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mistakes_maker:
    Thinking of getting the iphone 14 pr and trade in my iphone 13 pro. Apple trade in price is like HKD 1,000 less than what Fortress trade-in offered. Has anyone done any trade-in with Fortress?
    Traded in with fortress, broadway, Wilson etc. before. No issues. You might want to shop around these retailers for their trade in prices ~ some are more generous than others.

Quote Originally Posted by mistakes_maker:
    Thinking of getting the iphone 14 pr and trade in my iphone 13 pro.
    I know nothing of Apple phones, but is there a sensible reason anyone would do this?
    TheBrit likes this.

i once dumped woman because she upgraded from a black iphone 5 to a white iphone 5

chuckster007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    Recently you cancelled plans for a trip to Japan over a few thousand HKD of flight price increases, but want to spend many more thousands on a tiny incremental upgrade to your top of the line phone?

Sounds like (another) expensive mistake.
    Well, his name is mistakes_maker…
    achanster likes this.

Don't bank too much on these trade in's. They give you a number when you buy the new phone, but when you actually trade in the old one, they find reasons to whack that number down. You're likely better off selling it on Carousell.

mistakes_maker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by penguins:
    Traded in with fortress, broadway, Wilson etc. before. No issues. You might want to shop around these retailers for their trade in prices ~ some are more generous than others.
    Why are those stores paying high prices (more than Apple) for olds phones? Do they resell them?