Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 2 Post By huja
  • 3 Post By jgl

Computer battery heating up

Closed Thread

Computer battery heating up

Hi I am in UK. My computer battery is heating up. Any suggestion where I can get it repaired/replaced?
    Last time when I went to Apple store for another problem in HK the first thing they wanted to do was to transfer out all the data. So I had gone to the mall repair shops in HK and they fixed without any long drawn process.
    Just wondering if there are reliable places in London.
    Thank you

Have asked the kid .. there was a decent enough place in CENTRALish London where he took his laptop a while back. May be better to search through Google Maps and find a well reviewed place… have done that for several services I have needed while travelling..

jgl likes this.

Thank you all.
    The battery gets overheated only when I play certain computer games. Otherwise, it is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 29Tjmy92:
    Thank you all.
    The battery gets overheated only when I play certain computer games. Otherwise, it is fine.
    That's not your battery. It's your GPU/CPU. Make sure your laptop fan is in good working order (grate/vent not clogged with lint). Put a laptop cooling tray under it. Cost less than an order of fish 'n chips.

If the heat is huge issue, your laptop will shut down automatically - at least it should.

There is a reason why gaming laptops are expensive - graphics tax the hell out of the GPU.
    Last edited by huja; 10-02-2023 at 02:27 AM.
    shri and emx like this.

Huja is correct. Your cpu gets hot when you play games, and this heat spreads to the entire chassis. Many laptops today seem to have really bad heat dissipation because they try for slim cases without proper venting- so once the machine works hard, everything warms up and your cpu throttles. This is not great if the heat also spreads to the battery, but without knowing what the laptop is and where the battery is located, it's hard to tell.

The suggestion a laptop stand with big cooling fan (one big fan is far better than lots of little fans) is the correct one. You could try looking at the vents and blowing them out with an air duster can.

shri, emx and Rob2020 like this.