Like Tree19Likes

Another Accident Involving Buses

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

An elderly man was hospitalized after he was struck by a reversing minibus and trapped beneath the vehicle outside Metroplaza in Kwai Fong on Friday.

The incident occurred at around 12.22 pm today as the elderly man, with his back facing the reversing Route 89M minibus, lost his balance and fell under the vehicle the moment he was struck.
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/break...tion/4/204675/

I used to think the red tops were bad but I’m coming around to the feeling that some of the green drivers are miles worse. Inappropriate speeds for the stretch of road/conditions, on the phone, gear management (either not changing down uphill and virtually at a halt or low gears with engine racing and making for a very uncomfortable ride).

Fear not though because the authorities have this in hand - moving to annual checks for drivers over 65 and recruiting 500 drivers from the mainland to fill shortages

That road outside Metroplaza is always chaotic... but the minibus drivers of all people ought know the area well. You can't go fast there.

People cross the road everywhere, half ignoring the crossing. Often a queue of taxis blocking the yellow boxes. The yellow box itself is so big that it serves no practical purpose: no driver can reasonably judge that their exit would be clear upon entry.

Pedestrians need to look where they're going. Drivers need to look out for pedestrians. Quite often both at fault, and meanwhile the road design is so poor it's easy to shift blame to the 'victims'.

shri and JAherbert like this.

This one woke me up at around 5:50 this morning

https://www.dimsumdaily.hk/bus-and-p...to-discomfort/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3