Like Tree28Likes

*** HKID and Chinese visa issue

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

So 3 star can get HK passport while keeping foreign passport?

3 stars + AX/AZ/AW = Eligible for HKSAR passport and yes can keep foreign passport

3 stars + AO = it depends. If the 3 stars are given after handover then probably yes. Otherwise need to apply and see. Like OP it depends on the circumstances of your parent's overseas stay at time of the holder's birth.

dossier likes this.

Thanks. What if people want to enter mainland with foreign passport? They can still get visa right?

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    Thanks. What if people want to enter mainland with foreign passport? They can still get visa right?
    No you don't have a choice. If you have Chinese nationality then you must use a Chinese document. Cannot use foreign passport.

Just like someone with both HKSAR and Canadian passports, when entering Canada he must use the Canadian one.

So HK passport doesn't equate citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    So HK passport doesn't equate citizenship.
    Do you have a HK passport or are you just feeling bored like Britney sometimes ney ?
    aquaman likes this.

No, I got permanent ID during COVID. Just trying to figure out what I need to travel to mainland. My ten year visa from before getting my permanent ID still valid. Let's see if it works. I guess I will have to apply for a HK passport and return home permit eventually.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4