Like Tree42Likes

Which HK shop has the best customer service / experience?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by VillanElle:
    In France and Slovenia grannies do not have to queue at the supermarket and public transport so I thought when HK implemented those priority seats, that it became common courtesy
    That's all fine and well, but they jump ahead of other seniors, too.

Quote Originally Posted by SirNotAppearing:
    That's all fine and well, but they jump ahead of other seniors, too.

best customer service are the cash registers at park and shop where they will spend extra time just to get you that extra $5 off or how to get that extra $50 coupon

Cornmeal and Andy SNK like this.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    best customer service are the cash registers at park and shop where they will spend extra time just to get you that extra $5 off or how to get that extra $50 coupon
    Or reminding you of free beer

My main Wellcome, small friendly staff and know me but still ask YUU?! They're very nice but prices have to be watched carefully at checkout. Often in HK I find they fill up sold out items with whatever is next to them in stock, that along with tiny text you have to make an effort to read leads to price mix-ups.

Can't imagine being as cheerful as they are with that F'in Uptown Girl YUU rip off playing on loop all day long. I can barely stand it for 10mins!
    GentleGeorge likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    Can't imagine being as cheerful as they are with that F'in Uptown Girl YUU rip off playing on loop all day long. I can barely stand it for 10mins!
    Glad I am not the only one!! That song...
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I don't think 'corporate' happiness that you get thrust at you in some societies is a 'good' service. Fast, efficient and unnoticeable is the best kind of service.

My local cafe. Sit down, Nod from the waitstaff, 2 mins later my usual dropped on my table with the chit. I consume whilst reading / emailing. On exit take the chit to the till. Pay and leave.

Not a single smile, chat, check how I am etc. I would consider the service as excellent given the simplicity of the offering. Consistently efficient.
    You mean robots!!! Yes we already have them in many places..

Wait for couple of years for AI to mature, will have excellent service everywhere.. No nod, no wave, no chit, your not-so-friendly neighbourhood robot in local cafe, will scan your face as soon as you enter, bring your usual on table, send the bill to your email to pay by FPS.. No smile, no chat and no pleasantries and goes without saying, consistently efficient..
    TheDevil_666 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    Agree on this. they also remind you which credit card has discount today or if payme/alipay has special voucher lucky draw or anything. Similar in Mannings/Watsons, how they would separate your bill so you can have extra voucher or gifts. or remind you to come back tomorrow because the price will be reduced
    cons: when you are the next customer in that effing line

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    You mean robots!!! Yes we already have them in many places..

Wait for couple of years for AI to mature, will have excellent service everywhere.. No nod, no wave, no chit, your not-so-friendly neighbourhood robot in local cafe, will scan your face as soon as you enter, bring your usual on table, send the bill to your email to pay by FPS.. No smile, no chat and no pleasantries and goes without saying, consistently efficient..
    You mean Starbucks?