Like Tree54Likes

HSI bagholders

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

I doubt HK budget will help in anyway, just a usual rhetorical, latest buzzwords from north and some megalomania projects.. If anything, there will be somber mood this time with deficit worry, cost cutting and no handouts, spicey measures might go away but i doubt it will make any difference except some knee jerk reaction and that too limited to property market only, hardly makes any difference to stock market..

HK's two main markets (Stock and Property) are heavily dependent on flow of southbound investments or at least some euphoria about northern brothers coming to save the day, unless sentiment improves in the north hard to see how things can improve on its own here, HK and its animal spirit is so much blinded and turned unidirectional that sneeze in north easily catch cold and freeze here..

Quote Originally Posted by Hkemail888:
    Who can love that bank!
    been fined for manipulating LIBOR, for manipulating precious metals, been fined for scamming its clients selling « mini bonds », been fined for « systemic failures » at private bank and managed to piss off everyone including Americans(dodgy transactions with banned entities), China(huawei saga) , conservatives in HK "homosexual Gay lions at their HQ story and yellows (not letting localists movement have a bank account or blocking mpf withdrawals) and I forgot - fined also for FX rigging
    find me a clean bank that has not been fined since the GFC.
    shri, traineeinvestor and alexdown like this.

Meanwhile financial reporters are wetting themselves, reporting that the Nikkei has regained it's all time high from 1989 or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Meanwhile financial reporters are wetting themselves, reporting that the Nikkei has regained it's all time high from 1989 or something like that.
    So the answer is to hold for 35 years to get back to where you started?

Hypothetical: dump and go into $&P500 instead... I suggest that will break even faster

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    So the answer is to hold for 35 years to get back to where you started?
    Ditto for HSI, seesaw ride between 15k and 30k every 5yrs..

Name:  HSI since handover.png
Views: 126
Size:  702.6 KB The HSI has been dead money for decades. Just look at the monthly chart since the handover, we are still below it. Anybody who held long term since 2009 is still under water. Compare that to the SP500, FTSE or DAX. IMHO its only a tradable market. I use HSI futures personally but thats not for the faint hearted.

Name:  HSI vs DAX SP QQQ 5 yrs.png
Views: 119
Size:  1.14 MBLast 5 years performance in line charts: HSI in red compared to DAX SP500 and QQQ in blue. Please note the scale in changed from price to percentage with the exact same starting date from approximately 5 years ago

Last edited by makeITcount; 23-02-2024 at 04:21 PM. Reason: no pasted screen shot visible
    traineeinvestor and pin like this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7