Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By james_hklocal
  • 1 Post By leokuiper
  • 1 Post By lighthse003

Visiting Filipinos on a tourist trip...Can they go to Macau and then back to HK?

Closed Thread

Visiting Filipinos on a tourist trip...Can they go to Macau and then back to HK?

Hi guys,

Sorry trying to figure this for several Filipino friends visiting. They intend to visit for 14 days, which I understand is the allowed for their passport without any additional paperwork needed. But, during their stay they'd like to do a quick trip to Macau, maybe a couple days. They should be able to just come back as usual right? The whole trip duration is already booked to 14 days anyway, so it's not like they'd use it to extend/renew the stay in HK.

A second and more hypothetical question would be, would it be possible to come for 14 days, go for a weekend on Macau then back for another 14? Or do they specifically check against things like this?

Q.1 Yes
    Q.2 Yes

When they leave HK for Macau, the 1st stay is over. When they enter HK again, it should be counted as another stay. But this is only my understanding. Why don't you call 1823 to check, the hotline is 7/24.

timonoj likes this.

I trust they have all the necessary paperwork to get through Philippines Immigration on departure.
    My buddy's girlfriend was kicked out from Manila airport for not having the right docs. She had a return ticket, a job to get back to, hotel booking, invitation letter. Still not enough! No refund on the ticket ! But if it's an organized tour with an Agency its ok.
    Just sharing

When they arrive in HK they get 14 days. They can go to Macau for 1 hour up to 14 days and get another 14 days arriving back in HK. They can expect questions if they would try to repeat this scheme again and probably will be forced to leave.

timonoj likes this.

Dont do this more than once in about 3 months or may risk being denied entry if the visitor doesnt live in macau.

timonoj likes this.

Thanks! Nah it's just this once, but it's good to know an estimate.