Like Tree7Likes

Lost my HKID card and can't find a booking

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

yes technically to civil servants, losing an ID is an 'urgent' event.. just go queue and let us know how they handle it !

Quote Originally Posted by jimgordon:
    I don't think my situation counts as urgent since i just lost it.
    As others have said, your situation is classed as urgent as you have lost your HKID, hence why you are required to report it to the Police and get a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrynField:
    Sleep later or wake up earlier…..
    Why should people have to change their entire lifestyle just to deal with the fact that the Government are making life incredibly hard for people with a legitimate reason for needing to replace their ID card? I have little sympathy for the idiots who just ignored the years of pushes to get it done while there were plenty of replacement centres, but when it spills over and affects normal people its totally unacceptable.
    shafiq and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Why should people have to change their entire lifestyle just to deal with the fact that the Government are making life incredibly hard for people with a legitimate reason for needing to replace their ID card? I have little sympathy for the idiots who just ignored the years of pushes to get it done while there were plenty of replacement centres, but when it spills over and affects normal people its totally unacceptable.
    I completely agree with you there, this need to replace the card is super annoying.
    Luckily I had mine done just a week ago today and it was a total inconvenience for all parties.
    In their defence, Immigration did say that there is no rush to go back to replace HKID - however I can't say the same for those who need to keep their PR (such as myself) to keep their status.
    It doesn't help when it started at the same time as the COVID-19 pandemic which caused a lot of pausing and adapting to such changes to the system, especially for those overseas who aren't able to simply fly over to replace their HKIDs.

Hopefully the next ID card replacement program uses Google/Apple "Identity Credential API" which is all digital and we can throw away the little square plastic "smart identity cards"

https://www.nfcw.com/2023/06/05/3841...s-credentials/

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimgordon:
    I don't think my situation counts as urgent since i just lost it.
    Did you try walking in? I need to do the same.