Like Tree3Likes

Pilsner Urquell beer in HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Why not contact their local office?

SABMiller - Contacts - SABMiller Asia - Hong Kong

HK does seem to be the home of cooking beer.

Last edited by East_coast; 01-05-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Bobby's Rabble on Peel Street does Pilsner. It seems to be its only draft beer. I also found it at Linguini Fini on Elgin, though it was so badly served it hardly seemed worth the bother.

Original Post Deleted
    It can be poured badly, the lines may not be clean so effecting the taste, the glass may be not right to name but three - there's plenty of ways to serve beer badly.

Original Post Deleted
    I'd rather drink beer out of a can from 7/11 than pay $70+ for a badly served beer. I'm hoping the OP meant not worth the bother of drinking that particular beer at that particular establishment.

If he meant he'd give up on beer entirely because he got one ropey pint I'm with you in finding that a little extreme.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    It can be poured badly, the lines may not be clean so effecting the taste, the glass may be not right to name but three - there's plenty of ways to serve beer badly.
    I knew a guy, who knew a guy who's job it was to go from bar to bar and check the taps of the beers brewed by his company. He said the taps and lines and such were almost always filthy. This guy only ordered bottled beer.

Hey Guys, I know this is a super old thread but having just moved to Hong Kong myself and searching for the greatest golden larger! I have a few spots to check out - which by now most of you might already know and if not then it's deffo worth checking out!

- The Globe
    - Liberty Exchange
    - Pivo
    - Stockton
    - Employees only
    - Beer Bay

I'm sure there's many more but these are some of my favourite and tend to pour a good Hladinka.

Na Zdravi !!

Quote Originally Posted by yan_afc:
    Hey Guys, I know this is a super old thread but having just moved to Hong Kong myself and searching for the greatest golden larger! I have a few spots to check out - which by now most of you might already know and if not then it's deffo worth checking out!

- The Globe
    - Liberty Exchange
    - Pivo
    - Stockton
    - Employees only
    - Beer Bay

I'm sure there's many more but these are some of my favourite and tend to pour a good Hladinka.

Na Zdravi !!
    Kudos Yan (or Jan? ,

This is an exhaustive list, I am glad to follow.

Having been in Hong Kong for 4 months now, I started getting cravings for Pilsner and came across this thread: very useful.

Adding to the list: bottled Pilsner Urquel is also carried by HK Liquor Store (the one in Wan Chai has it, although not consistently) for $20/bottle, or $105/6-pack of 0.33l-small glass bottles.

Nevertheless, I was a bit disappointed I could not read the surgeon general warnings on the label since they were Korean

Ještě jedno prosím.

Quote Originally Posted by richart:
    Kudos Yan (or Jan? ,

This is an exhaustive list, I am glad to follow.

Having been in Hong Kong for 4 months now, I started getting cravings for Pilsner and came across this thread: very useful.

Adding to the list: bottled Pilsner Urquel is also carried by HK Liquor Store (the one in Wan Chai has it, although not consistently) for $20/bottle, or $105/6-pack of 0.33l-small glass bottles.

Nevertheless, I was a bit disappointed I could not read the surgeon general warnings on the label since they were Korean

Ještě jedno prosím.
    The name is Pilsner Urquell

Hey Richart,

Glad it was informative! I hope i'm not on my own here in enjoying one of the best lagers around!

I see that it's just hit 7/11 as well which means it's a little easier to find

I've noticed a few labels as well but I think it's for the korean market but extra stock sent to HK which has to be the case because all the beer still comes from Plzen!

P.s. I have found a few more to add to the list , Aberdeen street social, Man Mo cafe, Mr&Mrs fox (north point area), Trafalgar in wan chai, and Stone nulla tavern in wan chai!

Please do let me know if you find any cool spots!

Regards,
    Yan

Quote Originally Posted by yan_afc:
    Hey Richart,

Glad it was informative! I hope i'm not on my own here in enjoying one of the best lagers around!

I see that it's just hit 7/11 as well which means it's a little easier to find

I've noticed a few labels as well but I think it's for the korean market but extra stock sent to HK which has to be the case because all the beer still comes from Plzen!

P.s. I have found a few more to add to the list , Aberdeen street social, Man Mo cafe, Mr&Mrs fox (north point area), Trafalgar in wan chai, and Stone nulla tavern in wan chai!

Please do let me know if you find any cool spots!

Regards,
    Yan
    Funny I noticed it sticking out like a sore thumb at 711. Budvar is also very nice.

Sadly it'll likely disappear like many other imports, they seem to rotate several drink slots irregularly and once you've become accustomed to getting a particular brand, bam! It's gone.