Like Tree30Likes

HK govt announced to allow private mainland Vehicles on our roads WTF!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

That wasn't a compliment Freetrader...

Just like the stooge exodus, of 1997....?

My point about the 1st of August 1997, was that it was just like any other day, that had preceded it. The sky didn't fall in, the Freetraders of the late 90's, running up to the 1997 handover, when Fat Pang was governor, were wrong, the sheeple that assumed Commie nonsense, all left... The smart ones remained, so it probably wasn't such a bad thing .

Last edited by Skyhook; 29-07-2010 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    The smart ones remained, so it probably wasn't such a bad thing .
    So did you though!

I wouldn't be calling people stupid, when you gave out the worst possible property advice, over the past 12 months, I implore anybody to compare your past property advice posts, to how the market really reacted over the past year.

I wouldn't be calling people stupid, when you gave out the worst possible property advice, over the past 12 months, I implore anybody to compare your past property advice posts, to how the market really reacted over the past year.
    Yes, because evaluating an asset bubble on a six month view is clearly the right way to approach these matters

Some of us have been investing in property for a lot longer than you and take a slightly longer view on these things! Enjoy your paper profits while they last

My point about the 1st of August 1997,
    You're still clueless are you?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    You're still clueless are you?
    Perhaps he missed the actual handover a month earlier so has substituted his own. I sometimes do that myself... with reality.

That wasn't a compliment Freetrader...

Just like the stooge exodus, of 1997....?

My point about the 1st of August 1997, was that it was just like any other day, that had preceded it. The sky didn't fall in, the Freetraders of the late 90's, running up to the 1997 handover, when Fat Pang was governor, were wrong, the sheeple that assumed Commie nonsense, all left... The smart ones remained, so it probably wasn't such a bad thing .
    I guess they don't do irony where you come from (what is it, France?). You thought it was somehow inulting to imply that a lot of people will likely leave HK if it is every fully integrated into the PRC, and my response, is, yes, that is absolutely true. Whether you meant it as an insult or not is irrelevent.

I don't know what to say about your third paragraph - except that it provides ample proof that, in English at least, you lack the ability to write a coherent sentence.

In any event, Hong Kong was and to an extent still is special because the industriousness of its local population was channeled into the English legal system. The issue of whether HK remains special, or ends up just another unlivable, corruption-ridden Chinese city, will depend on how much Beijing muddles around in the internal politics of the City and whether full democracy is ever implemented in accordance with the Basic Law. Some meddling was inevitable, and only time will tell whether HK will eventually cease to be a very interesting or special place, but it is certainly true that every move to integrate HK with the Mainland will result in a diminishment of Hong Kong's civil rights and independence, and no Honkie will want that.

The whole question of HK's future is academic for most people on this web site, including you - we can take our toys and go home any time. For the people who have to live here, it is a much more serious and complex issue than is refelcted in your childish, circa-1968 left Bank romantic posturing about the PRC and its dictatorship.
    Gatts likes this.

U might see the below on our highways. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    U might see the below on our highways. LOL
    Gotta love Taiwan, the place where travel trucks reverse to make sure the accident victim is dead since it's cheaper to pay for the funeral than a lifetime of medical fees.

I just saw this article, please tell me this isn't real news... the link on the first page also no longer works. I was in Shanghai only last week and it's a common sight to see things like a cab driver deciding to stop his car in the middle of a highway at roughly 3am to sleep there. Not to mention how I've witnessed another time how a cab driver decided to stop in the middle of a highway to pee as well, not even on the side of a road, but right on the side of a highway.

If this is going to happen, Hong Kong will only be more polluted and our death toll will simply increase significantly, due to the fact that green is go and red is go in China.

Not to mention as well, pedestrian lights in China also mean nothing, green doesn't mean you can cross without looking to your side, there are still cars that come your way.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels so strongly against it...

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast