Like Tree2Likes

Man dies after being shot by policeman

Closed Thread
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

There is an interesting parallel between this and the Philippines incident. In both cases, we have a government with agents that did not act as competently as they could have. In both cases, it seems death could have been avoided. Of course, the Nepalese was committing a crime where as the HK people were merely victims which makes him less sympathetic however the result is the same and I don't think anyone would say that death was a befitting punishment for the crime of the Nepalese and most would agree that both situations could have been handled better.

Yet, I sense most people would feel that the Philippines government should pay compensation whereas much fewer might feel the same about the Nepalese. On one hand, the HK people that passed away had a much better chance of generating significant amount of income, on the other hand, the Philippine government is far less richer than the HK government.

I'd have to say that if the HK government puts pressure and expects compensation for the families then I guess it should make a similar gesture towards the Nepalese.

As to precedent, either cases are isolated and rare and one would hope that similar events would have a better outcome in the future so it's not really a solid argument.

>> they chose to attack a police officer, anybody with a morsel of common sense knows better than to do that, because it usually ends up badly, ie with a criminal conviction, jail, deportation or worse, shot !

Who was attacking ? Who was self defense ? Why the Policeman walked up to the hill to trouble a peaceful homeless man staying alone who were not making any trouble to the society and people.

Also there are many cases for body contact with Police officers, pushing pulling hitting during street protest and demonstration. No wonder why the police are allowed to pull out their guns to shoot dead protesters as well.

" who were not making any trouble to the society and people."
    apparently he was disturbing the ppl there since the police received a call for complain.

>> apparently he was disturbing the ppl there since the police received a call for complain.

Not really, reported a strange man staying up in the hill only.
    That lady better call social welfare dept instead of calling the police, if the police is not competent to handle this case.

Last edited by Vrindavan; 02-09-2010 at 09:38 AM.

F.A.O. Vrindavan:

Why should she have not called the police? Had this been handled better, his case may have been handed over to the social welfare department.

Hate to think of what would have happened to the social worker had the man turned on him/her.
    Posted via Mobile Device

We become angry for a reason.
    A person come forward to arrest me vs a person come forward to be friend with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan:
    We become angry for a reason.
    A person come forward to arrest me vs a person come forward to be friend with me.
    The police do not only arrest people, Vrindavan. The cop went to investigate after being sent to the scene. You are assuming too much.

I bet you would be defending the man's action had he killed a social worker. "If he was so dangerous, why wasn't the police called? The man is innocent!"

Yea, it was not justifiable to kill a psychic person, he did not do any rubbery, rape or murder. It could be arrested with two person, not with single person !

I hate psychics, they should all be rounded up and locked up!

Quote Originally Posted by Hook:
    Yea, it was not justifiable to kill a psychic person, he did not do any rubbery, rape or murder. It could be arrested with two person, not with single person !
    huh? don't you mean psychotic?

You lost me after murder....