Really odd problem - TV flickers when playing sound

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Really odd problem - TV flickers when playing sound

When it rains, it pours as they say.

I have been streaming video from my PC to my TV and home cinema for a couple of years now.

As of today, when I stream video to the TV from the PC, whenever there is sound, horizontal lines appear on the TV screen.

I have checked all the cables, they are all in fine. Can't see what ever else may have changed.

Anyone got any suggestions? Pulling my hair out with all these technical problems I seem to be having at the moment.

Thanks

Question Video break-up.

Quote Originally Posted by HKNewBi:
    When it rains, it pours as they say.

I have been streaming video from my PC to my TV and home cinema for a couple of years now.

As of today, when I stream video to the TV from the PC, whenever there is sound, horizontal lines appear on the TV screen.

I have checked all the cables, they are all in fine. Can't see what ever else may have changed.

Anyone got any suggestions? Pulling my hair out with all these technical problems I seem to be having at the moment.

Thanks
    Well, I suppose you ought to clarify whether you are using a wireless link between 'puter & TV, or whether it is "Hard Wired"!

Tried inputting to a DIFFERENT set of sockets on back/front of the TV - and are the plugs a TIGHT fit into the various sockets?

Perhaps a new Video board would be the answer, or see if - removing the Audio cables removes the problem. i.e "Creative" style of "Poke & Hope". <grin>

Yeah, I know "Computers! They drive me crazy!!".

Does this happen only on the streaming connection or on your Now / TV / VCR / DVD connections too?

If it happens on all connections, sounds (no pun intended) like it might be a circuit going bad.

Only when streaming video from the PC to the TV. The sound is routed to the home cinema system. Odd.

It could be interference, are they plugged in to the same power source? You could try splitting them up use another power outlet and see what happens.

HKNewBi

Ok, assuming that the stream from the PC to the TV is digital, and through some sort of media extender, then the chances are you've got a corrupted encoder or decoder somewhere in between.

If you're streaming from the PC to the TV via an analog output (say like a TV output card or a wireless TV transmitter) the chances are more than likely that the card or the transmitter has a problem.

Hi Guys

I stream out of the s-video connector from my nvidia card.

Confused because this was fine one day....

Unplug everything and plug it all in again???

Quote Originally Posted by HKNewBi:
    Hi Guys

I stream out of the s-video connector from my nvidia card.

Confused because this was fine one day....

Unplug everything and plug it all in again???

Bent pin or pin not making good contact ?

I stream via AV sender/receiver boxes and get lines all over the place at times. This often occurs cos of one of the following:
    1) Alignment of the boxes are not tweaked enuff.
    2) Aircon, microwave oven or wireless router interference.
    3) Cabling contacts.

Lightbulb Degraded pix

I seem to recall - way back in the 60's that picture break-up on peaks of sound was to be found on UK 405 line TV's.

I think - scratching my now near bald head - that the problem was down to a mistuned TV signal.

Hardly the problem being experienced here - Ah - Nostalgia!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast