Like Tree2Likes

Beware of Craiglist Scam at: Cimbria Court, 24 Conduit Road, Flat 5A

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Particularly with a dishwasher and a fire place!

Who wants a fireplace in Hong Kong?

LOL.. while we are speaking, reddbod's indicating thread has been removed but another ghost comes up again...

A superb 2 bed 2 bath apartment, with excellent transport links

I m not sure if the scammers are also reading this, as it looks like their ad have been more "brilliant". at least there's no fireplace in Wanchai this time!

I haven't found any flat in other countries before, but key is not available in town and ask for ur personal info and $ is definitely a NO NO in HK! haha...

Alrite... i hv replied to those scam ad before... sigh..

Last edited by siulung; 30-07-2010 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Grammar

Tamara de Kerros - still at large

Same for me...! This scam by Tamara de Kerros is still filling inboxes everywhere. Such a shame that a few ruin it for all!

So beware expats, craigslist is a hotbed of scams and deceptions.

You will not get a 2 bed 2 bath flat in Wan Chai for HKD7500 - NO WAY!

Quote Originally Posted by aloha_utopia:
    Thank God I found this thread. I got an email after responding in an ad in craigslist. The scammer's name now is Tamara De Kerros [[email protected]] but with the same email response as posted before:

Good to read from you on your interest on my apartment, which i am leasing out for rent

The apartment is still very much available for rent. Just to give you a little low down about the apartment and myself. I am a Swiss citizen, i inherited the flat from my late father, as being is his child. He was actually residing there only, until his death. Which is why i am offering the flat for lease. I am residing here in Madrid, Spain with my fiance. Who i am about getting married to in less than two months, and presently working at the Hospital Universitario La Paz here in Madrid.

The flat is up for a total of 7000HKD per month. Which i also think is fair enough considering the location. I just need someone with an open heart, love and clean to occupy the apartment and put all my worries off concerning the maintenance of the apartment for now.

The flat comprises of two bedroom. Excellent condition inside. Good sized lounge, with a sofa, DVD player, stereo, and washing machine. Can sleep a max of 4, and ideal for family, couple and friends. The kitchen is fully equipped with all necessary cooking utensils

Just to let you know, the keys are right here with me. But there wouldn't be any problem with that. As it can be posted to you, after all necessary agreement has be reached and signed into lease. Also i will like you to know that the rent charges is not really an issue here , but your absolute maintenance of the apartment, because it is good to keep the property in good condition, just for the memories of my father. Who committed so much putting those facilities in place, so i wouldn't want an violation of my property if finally rented by you.

Address: 141-147 Johnston Road, Flat E, Wan Chai, Hong Kong. And please note, Monthly Rental is only inclusive of management fee and government rate. The minimum lease term is 2 months, and a maximum of 2 years with a possibility of extension

Kind Regards,
    Tamara.

===
    "Her" response when I insisted on seeing the apartment:

Thanks so much for your warm response.

Actually, i can understand your point regarding the viewing of the flat and meeting. But unfortunately, that would not be possible for now. As i am so much committed to my work and our wedding preparation for now. And there is no one over there with the keys, as i have all the keys here with me, like i told you earlier.

I would suggest for now, you visit the building and neighborhood to determine your interest . So as to have an idea of the living situation around there. As i do know your worries and reservations at this point. Though you can understand, i was suppose to lock up the flat since there was no one presently occupying the flat after the death of my Father. And moreover, i never had any intention of renting out the flat. It was my fiance who recently advise i should lease out the flat. Just for someone to occupy the place, and take up the maintenance. And often send me feed backs regarding the state of the flat, just to put off my worries.

Let me know what to you feel. So we could start up with the renting process, if you are still keen taking up the lease. As for the keys, like i said earlier. I am willing to post that to you as soon as we both reach a mutual agreement.

Cheers,
    Tamara

New name, same lame emails.

this one smells fishy

Lovely and well furnished 2 br APT

Lovely 2br apartment located at the city center of Hong Kong,with a Spacious parking space at the front of the apartment and well located at a very lovely and safe area,it is available for short or long term rent.It is well equipped with modern house equipment like.washing machine,American Kitchen Fridge & Freezer Oven,Microwave Dish Washer Crockery&Utensils Bath Shower Hair Dryer and Towels,Internet Dial Up,Internet Broadband Cable/Satelite,TV,Stereo/Radio System DVD Player DVD/Music Collection Library Telephone Fax,Central Heating Air Conditioning
    Contact me For More details and Pictures
    [email protected]

where is that city centre they talk of? you know, the one with apartments with parking out front...

And with Central Heating? Yeah right. Good call.

this is just too obvious. $3800 for a 2162 sq ft in discovery bay. and it says discovery bay city

Bedroom(s) 2/Bedroom(s) 2

Quote Originally Posted by reddbod:
    Wow... if that is true that is smoking nice flat for that money!

I see in the Canadian newspapers Craigslist scams are plentiful.

i think the scammers found a way to extend their business on geoexpat. this should be banned.

2 bdr. Apartment, Connaught Road West, Sheung Wan - Hong Kong Classifieds

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast