Like Tree13Likes

Asia's World City?!?! Pfft.... Hitler was a better joke than this!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Char Siu King:
    Notable places are Wan Chai
    Wan Chai? I am here 11 years and have never been offered any drugs in Wan Chai... (except that Colombian lady ...)

Don t know what you guys do at night and all but I'm like cookie. 5 years here and maybe once someone asked me (and I am not even sure it was once....)....and yes I used to go out A LOT.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

Ah reminds me of the good old days when the British ruled the roost and one couldn't get into jail even with a pretty please.
    Imagine early 1996, a typhoon is descending on the colony, and I instead of dutifully trotting off to to Tong Fuk ended up in a place where the tap never runs dry, later seeking somewhere dry I hopped over to the Wanchai Police Station and was refused a cell for the night, but was parked on a rather comfortable bench in the duty officer's cabin.
    Nowadays you would probably get bunged into the lock up for asking the time of day in Cantonese.

The Peak / Czech Republic/ 36,000 ft in the air
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    Wan Chai? I am here 11 years and have never been offered any drugs in Wan Chai... (except that Colombian lady ...)
    Same here, and for everyone's info....this happened in LKF last night/today morning, I just got out of work and was having a few pints....anywho I needed to call my bank (UK) soo I went to the garden area where you walk down for the public toilets as it was more quite than other places, and out of the blue undercover coppers popped up and demanded my Id which I gave, after a while they on the verge of arrest (Demanded) I come down to the police station because I was being suspected of selling drugs.....
    I mean its one thing to search you and let you go if you have nothing on you (Happened to me several times) but to demand that you go to the station with them?!?! Do they really think people who sell drugs are gonna do it so blatantly in LKF or even Wan Chai? well in the case of wanchai just head to any of em prossie bars (The Bridge, Venus etc...) im sure you'll get someone offering, or TST, why don't the concentrate most of their drug searches there and stop harassing people, who to a common person wouldn't look like a drug dealer....be it south asian, white, black, whatever....

I agree with Matt and Cookie

Been here 6 years and been offered once by a Colombian lady and saw a exchange in a Bar between, Drug dealer was a white guy (amateurs pretty blantant)

I've been offered drugs on Wyndham Street (whilst just walking along the pavement), and see it regularly on street corners in Wanchai. It's not exactly hidden.

I have been offered hash only once on the fenwick street's corner many moons ago, and it was such a silly attempt by that guy, that I laughed out loud...such shifty manner!!!
    anyways I am brown and I grow stubble/beard all the time (love to change the look ) and never once questioned by coppers (touchwood)...

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfSpades:
    I truly Wish the Brit's would come back to be the controllers...... I may or may not be wrong, but as far as I know (Coming from someone who works for the police) the minimum grade that you need to join the POPO is F**king Form 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really, are letting people who haven't even finished their GCSE's/what ever they call it in chinese into our police force?!?!??!
    This is very stupid (apologize me, for not referring "you are s*****" directly), You better try other Asian countries, I wouldn't even want to land there if not for company business purpose, HK is not the best, but at least not bad. Let me control your life, and let me know what would you say then. If people say, I always love HK like this, without any hooligans in HK, too quiet, too safe, but for a better future tho.

to OP: maybe the officers didn't like your tongue piercing

The Peak / Czech Republic/ 36,000 ft in the air

Hahahah Unfortunately I don't have it anymore

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast