Like Tree11Likes

Drunk Tourist (Kelsey Michael Mudd) Caught on Tape Stealing Taxi

Closed Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    Because they have consciously chosen to endanger other people's lives.
    ...Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    ...Really?
    Really. I have known people who went out drinking and knew they will drive home before they started and with the knowledge what effect drinking has on a person (even though they of course often deny that it affects them), nor do I believe that most people get so drunk to "suddenly" decide to go for a joy ride.
    If you know that you can't control yourself when drunk - and people do know that - you better limit yourself or don't start, else it is still a conscious decision (to take the risk) and for that you should be held liable rather than making lame excuses of "impaired judgment" etc. and asking for leniency when you have crippled or killed someone. Don't except any sympathy from me.
    MovingIn07 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    If you know that you can't control yourself when drunk - and people do know that - you better limit yourself or don't start, else it is still a conscious decision (to take the risk) and for that you should be held liable rather than making lame excuses of "impaired judgment" etc. and asking for leniency when you have crippled or killed someone. Don't except any sympathy from me.
    I agree. Some people react badly to alcohol and they should be responsible for their drinking. They should either drink in moderation or don't drink at all. It's about self control. It's not just about driving under the influence, eg. drunks who beat up their families, drunks who vandalize and damage property, drunks who kill people with glass bottles etc..

I think the defense in this case had a very lame argument. If you were drunk and set fire to a house, can you argue that it was the home owner's fault for allowing the drunk to have access to your house? Pathetic excuse.

Original Post Deleted
    The big question now is, is whether he will continue to declare his income for prison work to the IRS, and whether his "employer" provided accommodation for a "small apartment with an ocean view" is taxable under the US tax code.

More importantly on the HK tax side, whether the government of Hong Kong will be able to tax his earnings under media sales and his interview for "Banged up Abroad" as it was a "service" provided in Hong Kong.
    Last edited by fth; 29-10-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fth:
    ...his interview for "Banged up Abroad"...
    Is this serious or a joke? Did he give an interview for Banged up Abroad? If he did, I'd like to go download it. I do enjoy that show.

HC

seems to be quite cold blooded person as he has shown no remorse as well as he has reported to have said that it was not his fault and blamed others for his action. the real big question, would he have to avoid the 'please can you pick and pass the soap' situations in prison?

He will meet Prison Uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    seems to be quite cold blooded person as he has shown no remorse as well as he has reported to have said that it was not his fault and blamed others for his action. the real big question, would he have to avoid the 'please can you pick and pass the soap' situations in prison?
    He claims to have no recollection of the events of that night so how can he suddenly blame others and claim its not his fault. hmmmmm

tvb news video showed him sitting in the front seat with thumbs up, to the camera. He was happy being reckless and he got off lightly with only 4.25 years.

Quote Originally Posted by m stone:
    He was happy being reckless and he got off lightly with only 4.25 years.
    You forgot about his five year driving ban in Hong Kong. Pauline Cousins got 1.75 for fraud, I can understand why the drivers' bother is upset.

I guess we can now look forward to the milk-shake murder part II, as Nancy's hearing was reported to start next week. Last minute halloween outfit?