Like Tree1Likes

Macau with kids and no gambling

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Most of the hotels and ferries are full on that weekend including the Westin.
    Have you checked before saying it?

I have just purchased my ferry ticket this morning for sunday morning.

Re Westin - I have not looked at it but seems Fiona did - anyway the point of my post was that if there are hotel availability the GP should not be much of a concern if your intention is to be in a quiet area (ie Coloane/Taipa).

You can still book the Westin thru their website. Hotel is not full.

If you want to avoid Macau and dont feel like spending 2-3 hours to get to Chimelong, there is another alternative. Its a bit rough around the edges, but kids really enjoy it.

Windows of the World in Shenzhen. Its on the subway line. There is also skiing/skating indoors. If you are going for mulitple days, you can also pay a visit to Happy Valley amusement park which is walking distance.

HC

Thanks for all of the replies. We have a 1 year old and 2 year old who are shocking on planes so we try to avoid holidays that require us to fly. This post has given some great suggestions for no-fly hols.

I have heard that Chimelong is great - although a Chinese friend told me that the hotel staff only speak Canto or Mandarin so it would be a frustrating weekend for us as we only speak English. Did you find that Rani?

We stayed with a friend and not at the hotel. Most people do speak Cantonese in GZ, so we got by with my little Cantonese

Quote Originally Posted by sherwes:
    I have heard that Chimelong is great - although a Chinese friend told me that the hotel staff only speak Canto or Mandarin so it would be a frustrating weekend for us as we only speak English. Did you find that Rani?
    Your friend is not correct. Many (all?) of the front office staff in the lobby speak passable english. The restaurant managers also speak decent english. The rest of the staff speaks Cantonese and/or Mandarin.

We know of 3 different english-only families spend time there and they didnt find language to be a big problem.

HC

make sure to check out the playboy club

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    make sure to check out the playboy club
    You been yet? Am planning to go in a few weeks to check out the facilities for a stag night.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    You been yet? Am planning to go in a few weeks to check out the facilities for a stag night.
    Not yet, but will probably go in the new year with the missus.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Not yet, but will probably go in the new year with the missus.
    With??????