Furniture maker

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Furniture maker

Hi there! I understand you can easily have your furniture made in HK, does anyone have a good experience with a furniture maker? Any idea what they would charge for a bed? Thx!

Go to Horizon Plaza in Ap Lei Chau. The whole building is full of furniture stores. I bought my real nice opium leg bed with matress there on the 5th floor for about 10K.

If you're looking for custom made stuff, the places to go are Macau, and Zhuhai.

If you want simple pine furniture, try the stores on Queen's Rd East, Jade Rattan and Takad. Also try Macau.

Can someone recommend a trustworthy place to have custom-made furniture made (ok, copied) in Macau or Zhuhai?
    Thanks.

We live in Macau at present and there's quite a few places that sell furniture (antique and reproduction) cheaper than in HK (we used to live there). Though we haven't done custom-made yet. We've just been over to Zhuhai and it has a lot of furniture factories in Zhongshan, some even cheaper than Macau. They have a wide selection and English speaking staff. They do deliver to Macau and HK although delivery charge vary from shop to shop. We had a couple of tables custom-made and it'll take 3 weeks so we still have to see if they've done a good job or not. You can easily go there via taxi (about 40-50 yuan) from the Gongbei border. A full day trip is recommended.

we just got some custom furniture (a wardrobe and 2 bedside cabinets) from a shop called Dynasty Woodware on Queens Road East. Very impressed (although it did take 5 weeks) with the finished product and I have no qualms about recommending them to you. Friendly and flexible.

We also had some furniture done locally (well we bought it in Tai Po, but I think it is made in Shenzhen) - a round dining table, 4 chairs and 2 stools - not custom per se but really good quality solid wood of a size and colour we specified. However, for these local places you will definitely need to be able to speak some Cantonese. Still very cheap just in case you didn't want to go over to Macau to source.

Does anyone know the names or websites of any of the Macau or Zhuhai custom furnature makers??

the one we went to in zhuhai is called yong chang furniture plant. try this site - antiqueyc.com or contact andy at [email protected]. he speaks english and not pushy in terms of selling. they can pick you up from gongbei border for free, but if you don't want to do that you can get a cab. a bit tricky if you don't know your way around and no map. i've got my friend's stuff delivered the other day and she wasn't happy with the delivery guys bec. they only dropped it in front of her house. we're expecting ours next week and hopefully it wouldn't be like that. mind you, you're getting a different delivery crew in hk (they're a bit more civilised ;-)).

Hi Blue piggy

I 'm Evey and would like to seek advice of what you think of the product you bought from this antique shop in Zhu Hai , how do you find the quality ?

is there anywhere you would recommend to have furniture made ?

thanks Evey

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast