Like Tree6Likes

Tsuen Wan accommodation for expat

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Smile Tsuen Wan accommodation for expat

This is my first post. I am relocating to Hong Kong in March. The business I will be running is based in Tsuen Wan, and is involved in the textile field. My wife will be joining me along with our small dog.

I know that TSuen Wan is a fair way from the City, and my initial thoughts are to find accommodation maybe half way between there are the City, but I am happy to be guided by those that know better. My budget will be up to $15,000 HKD, so hopefully can find something half decent for that.

ANy assistance greatly appreciated.

A nice place to stay slightly off Tseun Wan is Ting Kau (5mn by minibus). Hanley Villa for example is a nice place, with good views, nice flats and good facilities and no problem for 15K.

its not far from Central (30mn by MTR) and you already have everything in Tseun wan (malls, resto, cinema....) so you do not even need to go to Central except for your occasional fix of Western resto and the likes

Just out of curiosity, do you know if it is practical and how long it takes to walk from Ting Kau to Tsuen Wan MTR or Tsuen Wan West station? (Google says 32 minutes to Tsuen Wan West and 46 minutes to Tsuen Wan MTR)

I stayed at the serviced apartments at The Bay Bridge (adjacent to Hanley Villa) for a while but I found the transportation from/to the place a pain in the neck. Only stayed for a short time though, and except taxi and the bus I didn't try anything else.

Last edited by 100LL; 12-01-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Thanks for the updates so far, it is much appreciated. Do you know if hanley villas have a website or something

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    its not far from Central (30mn by MTR)
    21-22 minutes if you go to Hong Kong station.

no website but this give you an idea
    Centadata - HANLEY VILLA

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    21-22 minutes if you go to Hong Kong station.
    That is assuming either you are taking it from Tseun Wan West or you are taking it from Tseun Wan but change at Lai King and when you step out of the 1st train the 2nd train is just there waiting for you - rather unlikely,

30 mn is more accurate average I would say.

In my experience the estimates on the MTR journey planner (whence those figures came) include a generous allowance for waiting at interchange stations.

Quote Originally Posted by funwithcolour:
    Thanks for the updates so far, it is much appreciated. Do you know if hanley villas have a website or something
    hanley villas - Google Search

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    In my experience the estimates on the MTR journey planner (whence those figures came) include a generous allowance for waiting at interchange stations.
    Alright alright 22 minutes if you wish altough it my experience it has always taken around 30 mn but anyway the point remains the same, Tseun Wan isn't really far off from Central (or HK Station)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast