Like Tree17Likes

Dying in Serviced Apartment

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Dying in Serviced Apartment

Well, maybe a little dramatic but certainly wilting.

I won't mention names but we're currently staying in a Serviced Apartment with a lease that expires next week.

It is so dark inside our apartment we can never tell if it is day or night unless we look at our watch. The blinds don't work so even if there was a bit of light peeking through the buildings we'd never be able to see it.

Can anyone suggest other suitable serviced 2 bedroom apartments suitable for 2 couples.

For current convenience something on HK Island and the northside. Close to the MTR or escalator.

We thought we'd be able to stick it out but we're struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate from Oz:
    Well, maybe a little dramatic but certainly wilting.

I won't mention names but we're currently staying in a Serviced Apartment with a lease that expires next week.

It is so dark inside our apartment we can never tell if it is day or night unless we look at our watch. The blinds don't work so even if there was a bit of light peeking through the buildings we'd never be able to see it.

Can anyone suggest other suitable serviced 2 bedroom apartments suitable for 2 couples.

For current convenience something on HK Island and the northside. Close to the MTR or escalator.

We thought we'd be able to stick it out but we're struggling.
    Hi Kate - have you looked at The Repulse Bay serviced apartments? Large, bright, airy, gorgeous views and with a shuttle bus into Central. Not quite in the thick of it, but not as far as some people think.

Thanks Fiona, I've now just left a message for them. Seems that 2 bedroom serviced apartments go very quickly. So fingers crossed.

Park view service apartments, are also quite large. They have a shuttle bus.
    Welcome to Hong Kong Parkview

Kate from Oz likes this.

Thanks Oldtimer will give them a call.

Doesn't even have to be as flash as Parkview.

Clean, 2 bedroom, plumbing that works and some natural light would be nice.

We're currently in 1000 sqf and it's fine.

I liked Royal View when I stayed there. It's too far out for you, but unobstructed views of the Ting Kau bridge and the mountains were great.

Now you know why we recommend seeing HK places before taking out a long lease - imagine if you were stuck in a 2 year lease!

Absolutely would not have taken anything long term without viewing first. Unfortunately we had to have something temporary lined up before we got here and we researched as much as we could remotely but still got caught.

False marketing would be an understatement

Just looked at Royal View and you're right. Just that little bit to far for what we need at the moment.

If you hail from Melbourne I'd have thought you'd feel right at home in that gloomy apartment right?
    Posted via Mobile Device

I'm from Brisbane. We were getting used to gloomy weather by the time we left.

Unfortunately this one gives new meaning to the word gloomy. It needs to be seen to be understood.

Dark is an understatement. Turn the lights out in the middle of the day and you will bump into furniture kind of dark.

Like I said, it's clean, size wise it's great. It's just dark as hell.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast