Like Tree5Likes

Pre-wedding Photos

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I have to ask, what's the point of all this? What's wrong with taking genuine photos at the actual wedding?

PDLM likes this.

Yes, I've never understood this either. If you want a photo-show at the wedding then surely it should be composed of scenes from the couple as they grew up, doing whatever then did and concluding with the time they have spent together before getting married? Most people under 30 these days must have hundreds if not thousands of photos and videos of parts of their lives to draw on. What exactly is the point of dressing up in wedding dress and traipsing around places of no significance to anyone except purely because they might look pretty in a photo?

I'm obviously missing something fundamental in all this, but I can't see what it might be.

In hindsight, I'd have to agree. But in the actual moment it's a "only once in a lifetime" mentality that sucks you in.
    I must say though, the wedding day in HK is so hectic that sometimes there actually isn't that much opportunity for lots and lots of nice photos on the actual day.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Yes, I've never understood this either. If you want a photo-show at the wedding then surely it should be composed of scenes from the couple as they grew up, doing whatever then did and concluding with the time they have spent together before getting married? Most people under 30 these days must have hundreds if not thousands of photos and videos of parts of their lives to draw on. What exactly is the point of dressing up in wedding dress and traipsing around places of no significance to anyone except purely because they might look pretty in a photo?

I'm obviously missing something fundamental in all this, but I can't see what it might be.
    this is what we did.... we had a display of photos of the two of us as babies and growing up, then in the middle we had photos of the two of us as a couple taken on holidays, with our familes etc.

I thought it strange to have these photos taken before my wedding but I could see how important it was to my Chinese wife. To her, the photo session was as important as the wedding and there was no getting out of it.

If you are on a budget I would recommend popping over to Shenzhen. We paid around RMB3,000 for everything. It is hard work though and involves arriving at the studio at around 6am and finishing at 6pm. Photos were taken at the beach, a park and the studio.

PM me if you want names and addresses of the studios in Shenzhen.

We did in Macau but the wife sister and brother in law are amateur photographers so they did them for us as a wedding gift.

Re photo on the wedding day / photo prior wedding day: you can do both and it is not because you do photo pre wedding that you do not do photo on wedding day.

The concept is the same as ppl who take photo of themsleves when pregnant or later on family pictures...a memory of a fun day (ie at least for us since it was not made by profesionnal and not in a studio we did have a lot of fun and enjoyed it a lot)

Yes... but if staged, it's not a record of happy memories at all... it's all a bit false, surely. Anyway, not my game.

And for some it all come to naught, if they get divorced.
    Oops, sorry I am digressing here...

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    Yes... but if staged, it's not a record of happy memories at all... it's all a bit false, surely. Anyway, not my game.
    any photo unless the occasionnal instant snap shots is staged to a certain degree.

A marriage is about compromise and understanding the other one - if it is important to her, do it, and you might even like it (I stayed away from professionnal for a reason tho, felt cheesy and unpersonnal)

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    But if you're fake to start with then this is being true to yourself? Whatever makes you happy.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    bookblogger likes this.