Like Tree14Likes

Living on Park island (Ma Wan)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

i would not consider tsuen wan a yummy food place though. they certainly have a few more options, but the quality of the food is not so great there either, especially for anything non-chinese. discovery park is OK with outback and deli france and a japanese place....but thats about it.

- whats the current situation with transport? Is the ferry still running 24h a day? Are taxi's still allowed at night?
    ferry runs until 12.30am. then buses every hour. taxis allowed between 8pm and 7am.

- Is Park & Shop still the only groceries store? What has the island to offer nowadays in terms of restaurants etc? Is there a bar yet?
    p&s plus some delis and small shops in the village. else for us it's city super on the way home from work in central.
    good restauranst are cafe roma (italian), a thai and the german restaurant near noah's ark. plus there's some good seafood restaurants in the village. anything near the ferry pier is crap, chinese fast food.

- Is there still a beach area's where u can bring your dog to swim and run around freely? What about the area on the other side of the bridge, is that accessible to go for a hike with your dog?
    main beach -> no dogs. side beaches -> can do

- Can my girlfriend use facilities such as swimming pool and squash court when she is with me? Or can facilities only be used by residents? If so, is it possible to get my gf a club card to use the facilities even we don't live together?
    yes and yes

Quote Originally Posted by Hokuto:
    As I recall, taxis are permitted to go to the island past 11 PM.
    it's 8pm now

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Chung:
    thanks for the feedback. Looking at the threads from 3, 4 years ago most PI residents seem to be raving about the place but i guess a lot of things have changed.. How long does it takes from central to PI by bus? Until what time the ferry is still running? Midnight?
    i think benderbends is a bit biased

we still like it. it's very peaceful during the week and while crows do exists during the weekend, it's manageable to escape them easily (at home, club houses, walk to the old or new fishing villages, etc.)

have a look yourself during the week and on the weekend once, then you know better

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    i think benderbends is a bit biased

we still like it. it's very peaceful during the week and while crows do exists during the weekend, it's manageable to escape them easily (at home, club houses, walk to the old or new fishing villages, etc.)

have a look yourself during the week and on the weekend once, then you know better
    i wouldnt know how it is during the weekdays, but the weekends when i want to enjoy the island it is busy. and PnS is ALWAYS crowded every day of the week, no matter what time i try.

i am a bit biased though...i agree. i moved there expecting one thing, and then they went in a completely different direction. if you move here knowing and expecting certain things...then you may like it very much.

thanks a lot everybody. i'm going to have a look sathurday and check out some of the apartments. Are their any blocks that have more "noise pollution" than others? (airplanes)

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Chung:
    thanks a lot everybody. i'm going to have a look sathurday and check out some of the apartments. Are their any blocks that have more "noise pollution" than others? (airplanes)
    I have not noticed any problems with noise. Park Island is so quite, so peaceful, which is why if a plane flys over you might notice it. But it is very nice and quiet there.

What price range are you looking at? I am considering buying there.

Every time I am at the beach at Park Island I notice a lot of noise from airplanes and from the bridge.

I am very sensitive to noise and I have not noticed any problems at all with plane noise.

The only thing is that Park Island is so quiet that when a plane does fly over you might notice it a bit more, but I don't find it a problem at all.

If you lived in the Mid Levels, there is so much noise from busses, trucks, honking, construction, etc that you might not even notice a plane there.

I recently moved to Park Island. It is without doubt the best place to live in Hong Kong for a peaceful and yet convienient lifestyle. I would highly reccomend it, and its very noticeable now, almost day by day, that more high income people, often foreigners who value clean air and good facilities, are moving over to Park Island.

Rachel Tey likes this.

I still fail to comprehend the attraction of PI when you have nearby places very similar (say Ting Kau but more importantly Sham Tseng) with very good accomodation (ie Bellagio, Sea Crest Villa, Anglers Bay), much more supermarket selections, a very access to Central and Kowloon (ie not reliant on ferries) and lots and lots of hiking at their doorstepsa and at least more than 3 restaurants

You do have some crowds on the weekend (goose tasters...) but if you live in Anglers bay or Sea Crest Villa for example, you do not even notice them.

PI remains a mystery to me.

MovingIn07 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast