Hong Kong Vs. Chicago

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Just teasing guys!

Love chicago - at least it's better than LA ... sorry probably offended another bunch of people. Lived in Oak Park (gorgeous architecture). Just the weather's a bit nasty at time. Midwesterners are friendly / nice but also tend to be a bit (sorry) 'close-minded'? Loved the movie Ferris Bueller when I was a kid - but now... watching it... where's the diversity?!?

Moving to HK on Sunday...how about some good old fashion hot wings, i.e. Buffalo Wild Wings? I don't think I've seen anything about hot wings! And i'm not talking sweet and sour chicken wings or terayaki.

Oooh, and I loved the Hothouse, was always there for the different, eclectic music acts. And yes, Taste of Chicago with those enormous turkey drumsticks! Bli, I loved the sunday markets with freshly made tortillas by some matronly looking mexican woman. Mmmm

Goirish02 - You can find those buffalo wings with blue cheese and all at places like TGIF, Dan Ryans, Hard Rock Cafe and other such similar restaurants. Definitely doesn't beat the $3 for 20 hot and saucy buffalo wings I used to get down in my university pub on Tuesday nights. Perfect atmosphere with beer, wings and trivia night all in one. Always would finish my salsa class in the same building and pop on downstairs to the pub in the basement. Good memories...

goleoboy - interesting you mentioned the diversity, or lack thereof. In a way it is diverse but the diversity is all isolated into groups rather than mixed.

So bli, catching you tonight at the dinner then? We can rave over Chicago the entire night! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Goirish02:
    Moving to HK on Sunday...how about some good old fashion hot wings, i.e. Buffalo Wild Wings? I don't think I've seen anything about hot wings! And i'm not talking sweet and sour chicken wings or terayaki.

if you like hot wings and something different, before you leave you have to go to Great Seas on W. Lawrence (somewhere between Kimball and Kedzie)-
    it's a korean owned chinese restaurant but they have the best korean spicy wings there- everyone gets them. also it's an off the menu thing but order champoeng or zhajiangmyun- goes really well with the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariposita:

So bli, catching you tonight at the dinner then? We can rave over Chicago the entire night! lol

yeah i'll see you there- looking forward to meeting u!

man this is so true 'Hongkers just seem fearful of anyone outside of their family.'
    sometimes that doesnt help when you wanna make friends with the locals

Chicago V/s Hong Kong

- Green Mill
    - Riviera
    - Music Box Theatre
    - Gay Pride Parade
    - MCA and Art Institute
    - Listing to Irish Catholic Chicago cops
    - I know it's already been listed but yes, Taco Burrito Palace #2 in Lincoln Park
    - The bike path that goes all along the lake front - up by Hollywood past the museum campus

I could continue....but I'll stop here for now.

Last edited by kimchee2; 08-03-2007 at 11:20 AM. Reason: no title

Thanks for the tip Bli, I'll see if I can get there before I leave...but there's nothing like Hot Barbecue, Hot Garlic, etc... and BWs.

>> Irish Catholic Chicago cops

At one point the finest that money could buy.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    >> Irish Catholic Chicago cops

At one point the finest that money could buy.
    reminds me of a mercurial anthropology professor i had in college that always wore a fake catholic priest collar when driving in chicago- he used to regale us with stories of how many times he used this tactic to get out of trouble when the irish catholic cops pulled him over....