Like Tree2Likes

How far can I go with 4500hkd around City University of HK (Kowloon Tong)?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How far can I go with 4500hkd around City University of HK (Kowloon Tong)?

I mean, what can I afford with this kind of budget? Shared apartment maybe? Ideally, I'd rather live alone since I'm kind of a night bird / partyer but well, did anyone here manage to find a non shared apartment around that price? Was it Ok?

Apartment in Kowloon Tong - no chance. Maybe a single room in an old chinese building in Hung Hom / To Kwa Wan /Kwun Tong with bathroom on the corridor. Or really far out of town. For your comparison, the smallest apartments in Shatin (40m to central, 15 to KT) currently cost around 6000HK$.

Yup you'll need to head further out towards Tai Wai and Tai Po for that budget but getting back from Central will not be cheap at night.
    Posted via Mobile Device

more than likely sham shui po, not desirable area to live though, expect around 150 sq ft, it will be even smaller in other areas

You can share a flat in Hunghom area for around 5K in a realitvely new building(Laguna verde....), else if by yourself it will be very tiny and in a rather old area.

try this page, you can leave alone if that's what you prefer, just select the area & price range

28HSE

Last edited by mengfei; 09-03-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Kwun Tong is another local area with direct MTR connection to Kowloon Tong and with quite cheap apartments.

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    Apartment in Kowloon Tong - no chance. Maybe a single room in an old chinese building in Hung Hom / To Kwa Wan /Kwun Tong with bathroom on the corridor. Or really far out of town.
    You can get rooms in Jordan for $1800 a month. I've never had a look and not sure if i want to.

Edit: You can also get small apartments for about $5000 to $5500 in Jordan. Small, definitely yes, old, yes.
    Last edited by virago; 09-03-2011 at 08:47 PM.

see what u can get for HK$1.5k/mth
    wtbhotia and Drunken Master like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast