Problems with MacBook Pro

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Problems with MacBook Pro

Hi,

had several problems with the hardware of my MacBook Pro. Several components have been replaced and a new issue occurs today.

The apple hotline told me that i have to bring it to a service provider again, what costs my time.
    Apple rejected the replacement and said this will be done on a case by case decision.

What is the legal situation?

I can´t imagine that they still can go on with replacing components after replacing three components (logicboard, 2x trackpad, Volume).

Thanks!

Last edited by smarti; 01-04-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Probably depends how old it is and if you purchased applecare. I doubt you have any legs to stand on for consumer complaints (although PDLM will disagree no doubt) as consumer law in HK is PATHETIC.

Other ideas (off the top of my head) - did you pay with a credit card that offers protection? (not many in HK do, but some international ones might). They sometimes can be persuaded to jump in if the product is relatively new.

Where did you buy it? If in a shop, I'd just take it back and complain LOUDLY (go at peak hour) and keep complaining in a loud voice until something happens. Scaring off other customers seems to be good way to get action.

Last edited by MovingIn07; 01-04-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks, have the applecare plan. Unit was bought approx. 1 year ago in germany.

No idea, if i can refer to german consumer laws ( manufacturer has the right to repair 3 times - 4 th time -> refund/product exchange) & contacting apple europe.

Is there a legal consumer law referring to such a case?

if bought in germany then you must deal with germany warranty. apple warranty's are not international to the best of my knowledge.

search and work/suss out an apple executive email (once you sussed out the suffix, then search for executive name and apple email address format) and you will get results.

I would take German consumer law over HK consumer law any day. (And I've never seen it!). Try ringing up the shop where you purchased it?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    search and work/suss out an apple executive email (once you sussed out the suffix, then search for executive name and apple email address format) and you will get results.
    You can try if you wish but it certainly did nothing for me when I got stuck for over an hour on their customer service line to no avail and then decided to cancel my order. You would think that they'd care about losing a sale but it wasn't the case at all...

One week after canceling the order, the HK customer service finally replied and told me they were busy...

Since then, I do what customers should do which is send my money somewhere else and buy other products...

I have a Dell which I got from Australia one year ago with a company worldwide service plan. Had two problems with it in HK, Dell came out and fixed quickly both times and very efficient. I would buy a Dell for that reason alone.

I assume you don't have this with your half eaten sexy piece of fruit.

Unless u bring it back to Germany, u have no other option but to get it repaired again in hk (at least u got the extended AppleCare which is global)

Apple - Support - AppleCare - FAQ

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    I have a Dell which I got from Australia one year ago with a company worldwide service plan. Had two problems with it in HK, Dell came out and fixed quickly both times and very efficient. I would buy a Dell for that reason alone.

I assume you don't have this with your half eaten sexy piece of fruit.
    Wrong assumption again, you seem to be making a habit of it. The OP stated that they would repair it if he brought it to the service centre, the problem is that he wants it replaced with a new one because of the issues he already had which I guess they are not prepared to do. I don't think that it's that unusual however I do sense that there has been a shift for the worse now that Apple products are so popular and trendy...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast