Like Tree139Likes

How would you improve China?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:

I guess I simply don't understand that Chinese love having no civil rights, and love having a dictatorship. They love not being able to speak their mind, and truly believe that "harmony" means doing whatever the guy with the gun says, and that it is just bad manners to disagree with your betters.
    You miss the point. It's not that they love or hate it - they just don't give a toss about it...
    HKITperson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:
    I think it is self-evident nonsense to claim as you do that China, which has survived so far for about 5000 years, would suddenly collapse in chaos if the Chinese communist party allowed an opposition, or even unmolested internet access..
    Couldn't agree more. If you look at Russia for example, which had never had a democracy even before the cold war. They did not descend into chaos when the democratic system was introduced in the 90s and haven't faired too badly.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    You miss the point. It's not that they love or hate it - they just don't give a toss about it...
    Yeah, I'm sure that's it. Nobody cares if the local bigwig can rape their daughter with impunity, or have their son executed on trumped up charges...yeah, Chinese people are just too stupid to care about things like justice or the rule of law.

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    They did not descend into chaos when the democratic system was introduced in the 90s and haven't faired too badly.

You are kidding right??
    PDLM likes this.

We really don't know much about China (Just so you know, I took a course on China Politics and still feel I know nothing about it). We give our opinions, but those opinions mainly comes from the Televisions that we watch, in which the majority of news about China are negative. Very similar with Russia. No good news about Russia either. Why? Because they have different ideals from the 'ally force'. Interestingly, I grew a liking for Russia Today news media because they cover news the US media doesn't cover when it's negative toward the US government. There is no free flow of information in the US. The corporate media dictates what the news should be, so it's not so different from China.

Notice the facts. Who are the one always going to war for resources. Who hasn't been at war ever since WWII?
    Interesting thing I realized is, China isn't explaining to people's verbal attack on them. The US is always defending their aggressions on other countries. Who is always lying to their people?

It's something that we may have to slowly digest because we've been blindfolded this whole time about the world around us. We read 1984 without knowing to some extent that we're in it.

Last edited by Creative83; 11-04-2011 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    Notice the facts. Who are the one always going to war for resources. Who hasn't been at war ever since WWII?
    Not sure what point you're trying to make, but China launched wars against its neighbours most recently in 1962 and 1979, so it's not the peaceful state some make it out to be.

You don't read the news reports of mass riots that take place all over inland China, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    We really don't know much about China (Just so you know, I took a course on China Politics and still feel I know nothing about it). We give our opinions, but those opinions mainly comes from the Televisions that we watch, in which the majority of news about China are negative. Very similar with Russia. No good news about Russia either. Why? Because they have different ideals from the 'ally force'. Interestingly, I grew a liking for Russia Today news media because they cover news the US media doesn't cover when it's negative toward the US government. There is no free flow of information in the US. The corporate media dictates what the news should be, so it's not so different from China.

Interesting thing I realized is, China isn't explaining to people's verbal attack on them. The US is always defending their aggressions on other countries. Who is always lying to their people?

It's something that we may have to slowly digest because we've been blindfolded this whole time about the world around us. We read 1984 without knowing to some extent that we're in it.
    Having said your point is valid yet the fact is that Americans can surf the web to whatever sites they want to yet Chinese can't.

Yet I have to agree with your viewpoint that the majority population in America does not know anything about politics and how its government is being a douche in foreign policy. But doesn't this apply to every superpower that has ruled the world at some point in history?

The British domination of the world in the 18- early 20th century has brought up the idea of European supremacy against other races in Europe such that it has shaped an average British to think that it is ok for Britain to be a douche to other countries.

In the near-future China would be the same eventually. With the 50-centers (Google this up the internet), the expression in internet is strictly controlled by the government and the government actually employs internet commentators to reply posts which are deemed in favor of its national interests (brainwashing average Chinese citizens).

In recent times China has repeatedly verbally-claimed the sovereignty over the islands of South China sea (some reaching as far to Singapore), which are currently owned by other neighbors in S.E. Asia. This act has angered a lot of its S.E. Asian neighbors to be more weary of China's possible military intervention.

I don't see why you're saying that America is being an imperialist/brainwasher while ignoring that China is apparently one already.

You are kidding right??
    *You're* kidding, right?!

Quote Originally Posted by bookblogger:
    China launched wars against its neighbours most recently in 1962 and 1979, so it's not the peaceful state some make it out to be.
    Two - 10 thousands of death - small scaled wars.

Not sure what point you're trying to make
    That we have to digest the US government is launching wars everywhere while US citizens sees their tax dollars goes in drains meanwhile media paints the actual peaceful emerging power badly for little reasons other than different ideals and being an economic competitor. Just the iraq war alone created 1 million iraqi deaths. Lets use the US government's reason for their invasion. US government believes freedom so much so that it believe it can sacrifice 1 million people's lives for it. I'm sure if given a choice, the US citizens would prefer to be a communist to not have that urge to kill 1 million people. Maybe not, because the brainwashing thing w/ the US.

I don't think citizens of the US should look outward to criticize other's ideal because murdering 1 million people is a bigger crime than media censorship and arresting a few people. But I do know it's mainly the government's fault and not the US citizens decision. The most Americans can do is to gain access different perspectives and not be a victim to their own government's form of censorship. That's why I like RT.

Most importantly, you have to understand the reasoning behind China's censorship as well. Over thousands of years, their true war are to themselves when China was partitioned. They don't want another civil war shedding each other's blood. In Chinese history, the hero was the one that united China because it prevented further bloodshed and citizen's famine. An act of independence from China equals soon-to-be civil war. Very much like the relation between China and Taiwan, but much more immediate.

The only thing the west can see are its own imposed standards like information censorship. When you view China as an enemy, you can only see the negatives of it but don't explore the other side of the coin. You know why? Because the media never gave you the other side of the coin. That's why you have to subscribe to news media like RT, where it actually criticize US government so often it's hilarious. But you gain another perspective.

Also, it's funny all these information coming from google. Really, put in the effort and find a book and read it. Stop googling single evidence just to make a point. See trends from a wide resources of information from different perspective.
    Last edited by Creative83; 11-04-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast