Like Tree19Likes

Renting on Park Island

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Renting on Park Island

We will be moving a small number of staff to Hong Kong, and cannot find on the Park Island website where the actual rates are for rental, and view what apartments are available. Another related website seems only to be in Chinese.

Does anyone know a contact number of the management company or an agency to assist us. We need initially 2 apartments, each two bedrooms, and within USD 2000 per month.

Can anyone advise who has rented there in the past?

When you say "the Park Island website", which website are you actually referring to?

In terms of rental, there are agents over on Park Island who would be more than willing to help you. Many agents in HK have websites that apartment prices are listed and adertised on - just do a Google search.

Hi there, I currently have a flat on offer for sale in Park Island. See if you are all right with that. The link is Sea-view flat in Park Island for sale - Hong Kong Classifieds

im moving to HK too and my budgets around 10~12K.. I wonder if that be enough for a 2 bed apartment in Park Island. Some of the places range from 10~15K from what ive seen on the net (i dunno if its reliable tho).
    And would there be discounts if i paid the yearly rent upfront??
    Appreciate any sorta help. Thx

The prices for your budget, for Park Island you can get something quite attractive and appealing. Yes Its true for 10-15K you can get 2 bedrooms there, and I know some people who did move directly there to a very nice place.

Now if you use that same budget for Mid Levels, you will need to settle for a much smaller place, and an older place with no facilities like a pool and so on, but you will have the enjoyment of Soho and LKF, so it depends also if you are a single person who wants to do more mingling with other people regularly in bars and clubs and so on. How eager are you to do that?

mm.. well im bringing my gal wit me and we're kinda past all the parties (been together for quite a while so we kinda juss enjoy relaxing or having a few drinks by ourselves. MAYBE a wild night out once a month lol)

i think id prefer a bigger place, although it may be a bit of a pain in terms of transport (well im gonna work in central anyway so shouldnt be too bad right?).. so my budgets good for park island?? wooohooo .. thx for tha help!

i hope i can get some discount if i pay all upfront ><

Then it is a very good choice for you as a couple. You will have a modern place, nice beach, probably ocean views, and very magnificant facilities. Where do you come from? I can introduce you to some friends who live there although you well easily meet many people there too. Yes, if you are working in Central, they have either an opportunity of a ferry direct to central, or shuttle bus to the MTR (underground train) direct to Central.

Can you clarify about discount if you pay upfront. Do you mean you can pay rental for a full term for the lease for 2 years or so in advance? I suppose you can do that, but usually that's not the way the Chinese people do it in HK. Usually you pay 2 months in advance as a bond, and then monthly, but they are honest and refund the bond at the end of the lease.

Where do you come from may I ask?

im australian with asian background.. and im planning to go there in late may~early june.. ive looked (not physically, but through the net) at different places and seem to be leaning strongly towards park island..

i was hoping i can get some discount if i pay the rent upfront for the whole year (or 2 if thats what the contract requires). I understand it may not be the 'conventional' way but it could be attractive for some ppl who want some lump-sum cash straight away no? i dunno.. im just trying to reduce the accomodation costs some way or another lol

Quote Originally Posted by illread:
    i was hoping i can get some discount if i pay the rent upfront for the whole year (or 2 if thats what the contract requires). I understand it may not be the 'conventional' way but it could be attractive for some ppl who want some lump-sum cash straight away no? i dunno.. im just trying to reduce the accomodation costs some way or another lol
    Nice! Nope never heard of that.

If you have that much cash upfront to pay advance rent - I'd be thinking of a way to put 10% down and buy instead.....If I had a stable job and all.

Hello, I am the person who originally started this thread. I had problems logging in earlier.

Thanks for the replies.

The park island website I was originally looking at was a sales brochure. What I did find useful were some of the websites such as Centerline and Ricacorp, with lots of listings of apartments on Park Island, with various sizes, prices etc.

I would reccomend using the internet to get an idea of price, and then coming over to view in person. We looked last weekend and found 2 places (both in the same block). Both are 2 bedrooms, both have ocean views, and both have balconies. The standard are similar to what you would expect of a modern building in Singapore. In short, we are very pleased with what we found.

Another thing I got confused on is that the development is called Park Island, but the actual island is called Ma Wan. So, Park Island is on Ma Wan.

We did look at this website which has some really good recent pictures of Ma Wan and Park Island Living on Park Island, Ma Wan, Hong Kong.

There are many agents on the island, so you simply arrive, find the shops with agents, and they will show you a good selection.

In terms of paying in advance for a discount, I think its possible to do, but unusual. We agreed on a rental of 13.5K for one of the apartments for a 1 year lease and one year optional, and then 14K on the second one, on similar terms. If you get apartments facing the gardens or pool, these are actually even cheaper, maybe around 12K, but we opted for the ocean views for just slightly more. All the apartments come with high speed internet, and modern appliances, but TV and stereo you need to supply on your own.

illread and Vincent_L like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast