Like Tree139Likes

Bin Laden Found Dead?

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

What say you of Col Gaddaffi?

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    What say you of Col Gaddaffi?
    I think that some people, like Jim Morrison, Curt Cobain, Marilyn Monroe, and JFK, are somewhat lucky to have died while still young and glamorous. Mr. Quadaffi is a bit long in the tooth, I'm afraid. He has been a Colonel for far too long and will hopefully be promoted to "martyr" soon.

But since we are on this slightly strange topic, Saddam Hussein also did quite well. There is no doubt that he had oodles of charisma and charm. I think the South Park boys had him spot on:

YouTube - South Park: I Can Change Song & Video HD

Original Post Deleted
    Yes, I got my Osama mixed with my Obama.

You'd think I was a Republican...lol.

Safer just to say Bin Laden ....

Can you imagine the circus if they had got him alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:
    I think that some people, like Jim Morrison, Curt Cobain, Marilyn Monroe, and JFK, are somewhat lucky to have died while still young and glamorous. Mr. Quadaffi is a bit long in the tooth, I'm afraid. He has been a Colonel for far too long and will hopefully be promoted to "martyr" soon.
    heh. Sicko!

[QUOTE=Football16;1485257][QUOTE=HKITperson;1485209]

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:

Not sure you realize just how police work goes in North America for example. There is no way they 'd go in and risk shooting teachers. In some cases not taking risks has led to some deaths in some hostage/barricaded felon situations as police have waited too long.

The US operation is not anything most folks will condemn. In this situation dead or alive meant just that. It was a military operation and not a police operation and the rules just simply apply here like they would if say in a North American city.
    Why? becuase it is a Pakistan City and because they are brown and not christian so rules and the law doesn't apply?. So what about Nato dropping bombs on innocent Children in Libya... becuase they are the children of a dictator, we can just go in and kill them?

What bothers me and most sensible people is that democratic states can willingly commit murder and revert to the law of the jungle when it suits them. By doing this don't they realize they are also eroding the democratic institutions that they are there to protect?

With any high profile deaths such as this, a full inquiry should be set up to determine whether those killed were lawful. If a court of law presumed it so that so be it.
    We can't have democratic governments going around the world murdering people they don't like... no matter how popular it is. That is the whole basis of the constitutions and democratic laws. Where are the checks and balances now?

I bet Attila the Hun was good looking

Quote Originally Posted by HKITperson:
    With any high profile deaths such as this, a full inquiry should be set up to determine whether those killed were lawful. If a court of law presumed it so that so be it.
    We can't have democratic governments going around the world murdering people they don't like... no matter how popular it is. That is the whole basis of the constitutions and democratic laws. Where are the checks and balances now?
    Hmmmm.... a full inquiry should be set up to determine whether those killed were lawful. HAHAHA have you heard of September 11, 2001? When Osama Bin Laden planned the terrorist attacks on the United States and took credit for it?

The reason why these democratic goverments do not like these people is because these people kill thousands of INNOCENT people. I don't think you even know what the meaning of checks and balances are.

From your logic it is wrong to kill terrorist and mass murderers, but you make no mention of the innocent victims that they have killed and are planning to killing.

I don't think the SEALS had the chance to arrest or talk Osama Bin Laden to give himself up, because he was too busy SHOOTING and trying to KILL them.
    Last edited by aliendavid1; 03-05-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    I bet Attila the Hun was good looking
    Never trust a man with a mustache/beard

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast