Like Tree139Likes

Bin Laden Found Dead?

Closed Thread
Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 34 ... LastLast

This article/interview is very interesting... 'Pak is not a pushover and the US will learn that' - Rediff.com India News

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    Common FT, arguing/discussing rationally and 'mofo'ing don't go hand-in-hand...
    I was just using the "Die Hard" quote since I had been accused of being a redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:
    I was just using the "Die Hard" quote since I had been accused of being a redneck.
    Aahhhhh....sorry I missed that John McClane quote..

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    That's a good headline but the article doesn't elaborate on what that particular quote means. I'm not sure what the US is supposed to "learn" from Pakistan.

Obviously, tensions are such between Pakistan and India that India would be reluctant to launch a raid into Pakistan since the risk of starting a war is so high, despite the fact that it is fairly clear that Pakistan is behind some of the terrorists in places like Kashmir.

I think he died of natural causes personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:
    That's a good headline but the article doesn't elaborate on what that particular quote means. I'm not sure what the US is supposed to "learn" from Pakistan.
    I would ignore that headline, it's nothing but the usual eye-ball grabbing trick.

Original Post Deleted
    I think we do know that Pakistan was not involved. Pakistan says so and how many US officials have to stand up as they are doing and denounce Pakistan (Brennan) for their complicity in Bin Laden being safely there for what must be years or Leon Pannetta, Head of CIA saying they didn't dare tell the Pakistanis for fear they'd alert the target.

If Bin Laden knew they were coming maybe they could have left and booby trappred the place with land mines for the choppers and men in the compound and set bombs in the house that could be triggered easily upon entry. No sensible American leader would send troops into that situation.

The irony of some calling for Bin Laden and an autopsy like homicides in the USA is laughable in the sense that it is pretty clear they shot the sh$t out of him and some others and left quickly as they knew that they had to get out of Pakistan before they were caught.

This was well planned in evading radar via dead spots in mountains as well as the surprise element.

An autopsy would show very little and there is no way the Americans would now surrender their weapons or their assault team for matching who did what to which victim or to subject them to questioning by police.

The US do not subscribe to the International Criminal Court anyway and they have pacts with over 100 nations that ensure these folks cannot be turned over to the ICC.

I think it is debatable as the most they could ever try Osama for would be conspiracy which is the hardest charge of any to prove - although in Osama's case they have lots of video on this. A trial for this f..ktard would not be something I'd recommend the US to get into as a real US criminal trial for conspiracy on the 911 incidents would be very hard to prove as is the case with any conspiracy.

They need tapes of A telling B to engage in this criminal activity and I suspect the only tape on Osama is from Al Jazeera news feeds. Hardly a good case.

Kill would be the only instruction I' d give and get out fast or you risk engaging the Pakistan air force.
    luckycat and Freetrader like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stuff4expats:
    I think he died of natural causes personally.
    You know this wouldn't actually suprise me given all the lies, retractions that is going on.
    It could well be that he died a long time ago... but because Obama wants an exit strategy from Aghanistan, he needed a reason.
    The elections are coming up in 2012 and maybe... just maybe he needs something to boost his ratings.. as the man who took out No.1 enemy and also created the withdraw of forces from Afghanistan.... all consipracy theories of course but there are ceratin things very puzzling.

1) How did Osama Bin Laden stay undetected in this house for such a long time considering that he required dyalisis and this was a military town... wasn't he supposed to be ill?
    2) How come a major Dr.No figure and the world's most wanted man was surrounded by one a couple of bodyguards, his wifes and kids?
    3) How did the stories of firefights until the end, human shields and images of heavily armed rambos suddenly change within a few days? Weren't the same people watching the same movie? We heard that the President and his team were following "minute by minute" then in that case.. someone was lying.
    4) Why did over 24 heavily armed and highly trained commandos fell the need to take out an ill and unarmed geriatric?
    5) His daughter said he was captured and executed... "What really happened?"
    6) Did or did Pakistan know anything about this operation?
    7) Why did the US forces scarper with the body and not simply wait for local Pakistan authorities?.. they were not on hostile land given that Pakistan are their allies....??

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    I think we do know that Pakistan was not involved. Pakistan says so and how many US officials have to stand up as they are doing and denounce Pakistan (Brennan) for their complicity in Bin Laden being safely there for what must be years or Leon Pannetta, Head of CIA saying they didn't dare tell the Pakistanis for fear they'd alert the target.

If Bin Laden knew they were coming maybe they could have left and booby trappred the place with land mines for the choppers and men in the compound and set bombs in the house that could be triggered easily upon entry. No sensible American leader would send troops into that situation.

The irony of some calling for Bin Laden and an autopsy like homicides in the USA is laughable in the sense that it is pretty clear they shot the sh$t out of him and some others and left quickly as they knew that they had to get out of Pakistan before they were caught.

This was well planned in evading radar via dead spots in mountains as well as the surprise element.

An autopsy would show very little and there is no way the Americans would now surrender their weapons or their assault team for matching who did what to which victim or to subject them to questioning by police.

The US do not subscribe to the International Criminal Court anyway and they have pacts with over 100 nations that ensure these folks cannot be turned over to the ICC.

I think it is debatable as the most they could ever try Osama for would be conspiracy which is the hardest charge of any to prove - although in Osama's case they have lots of video on this. A trial for this f..ktard would not be something I'd recommend the US to get into as a real US criminal trial for conspiracy on the 911 incidents would be very hard to prove as is the case with any conspiracy.

They need tapes of A telling B to engage in this criminal activity and I suspect the only tape on Osama is from Al Jazeera news feeds. Hardly a good case.

Kill would be the only instruction I' d give and get out fast or you risk engaging the Pakistan air force.
    But they were not in a war zone. Pakistan are allies. The deed had been done, so what was the point of legging it as quickly as possible? I can understand beforehand... but after? It sounds bizzare.

Football, that is broadly where I am at the moment, too, though FreeTrader's arguments are pretty compelling. I don't think any of us are a million miles away from each other on this.

HKITPerson you have lost me I am afraid!

Closed Thread
Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 34 ... LastLast