Like Tree7Likes

couch assembling urgent!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

couch assembling urgent!!!

Hi,

our furniture arrives on wednesday but our couch wont fit in the elevator or stairs. so we need a company who would disassembling the couch downstairs and assembles it in our apartment. its a leather couch so i wont have the movers doing it. i called a few upholsterers already but no luck so far.
    can anybody help me please??
    thanks

do you have a balcony? if so you could see if it's possible that way.

thats not gonna work unfortunately.

What about sawying off low-priority items. For example, the arms and maybe one leg?

bookblogger, virago and bdw like this.

we had the same problem in NY and there is no other way than to disassemble the couch.

I used to help my mate doing house moves and other deliveries, and it's amazing how many people order large items of furniture without first measuring their doorways.

This must be one helluva couch. Been to NYC and Hong Kong and major problems in both. Why are you so attached to this object that you are willing to go thru such pain to be able to sit on it?

Sorry, I dont know anyone who can help you.

HC

Are you sure about the balcony? This is normal procedure in HK, ring a piano company, they may be able to help you.

virago likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    What about sawying off low-priority items. For example, the arms and maybe one leg?
    Sawing off one leg just won't 'cut it'! Sorry for the pun.

This must be pretty frustrating. I could understand not knowing about doorways in HK are built for skinny HK'ers.

thanks for your comment. but we do have that couch now for 5 years and when we moved to NY it wasnt a big deal to find a company who could do the job. i didnt expect to have a problem here in HK when i rented the apt.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast