Like Tree146Likes

Staring at people normal?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Anyway, thank for the comments. So staring is not normal. Sorry if I sounded narcissistic or posting an ad. haha I just wanted to know!

here's weird culture shocks I experience.
    1. you will get in trouble to taking a picture of yourself in the pool.
    2. people don't usually say "excuse me" they just bump in to you.
    3. it's not necessary to tip
    4. many people wear face mask if they are sick
    5. young couples like to make a scene in public - ew, get a room!

but staring is not a custom. I'll keep living and exploring and ask you guys if it's normal or not. =) thanks!

comments.

1. that's a bit weird. never heard of that.
    2. yes, and if you bump into them they are off before you can say anything.
    3. just like Australia.
    4. i think this is a good idea. Better than a population that is healthy wearing masks!
    5. yes..eewww!.

people burp in the office as well and we don't flip an eye lid coz we're used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    comments.

1. that's a bit weird. never heard of that.
    2. yes, and if you bump into them they are off before you can say anything.
    3. just like Australia.
    4. i think this is a good idea. Better than a population that is healthy wearing masks!
    5. yes..eewww!.
    I agree with all of the above, though can't really comment/agree with point3, because never been to oz.
    Btw virago, eww is such a girly expression, doesn't suit you .
    virago likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cyreneq:
    Anyway, thank for the comments. So staring is not normal. Sorry if I sounded narcissistic or posting an ad. haha I just wanted to know!

here's weird culture shocks I experience.
    1. you will get in trouble to taking a picture of yourself in the pool.
    2. people don't usually say "excuse me" they just bump in to you.
    3. it's not necessary to tip
    4. many people wear face mask if they are sick
    5. young couples like to make a scene in public - ew, get a room!

but staring is not a custom. I'll keep living and exploring and ask you guys if it's normal or not. =) thanks!
    Lets see:

1. Were you naked?
    2. True, you just push back at them. They tut and give you a weird face, you ignore them
    3. If you get a happy ending, then yes you should tip. Otherwise no need
    4. They are sick (also there is a big surgical mask fetish in HK).
    5. Yeh, sorry about that, mistress was a bit horny.

Quote Originally Posted by bak875:
    people burp in the office as well and we don't flip an eye lid coz we're used to it.
    Yep, I have a female colleague who is nice otherwise, but, she lets out a burp that'd make the ppl from my village do a double take.
    jayinhongkong likes this.

I often get this but its not in a dirty, disgusted or perverted way (I don't think) its literally in a blank way.
    My partner NEVER notices it though which makes me feel paranoid/silly. Sometimes I stare back to see if I'm being crazy and they do the quick turn face/divert eyes away motion so you KNOW they were staring, other times they continue without any emotion or response which is usually when I start to laugh!
    If I were the adventurous type, I'd pull a crazy face at them to see their reaction but to date I've not given into my urges

I'd like to think its because I'm super hot/cute but honestly, I think these people are just trying to work out where I'm from and aren't very subtle about it.

jayinhongkong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    Btw virago, eww is such a girly expression, doesn't suit you .
    Being cool dude!

Also trying to talk like the younger generation. Ummm, did i just say that??? eeww!
    Last edited by virago; 16-06-2011 at 06:09 PM.
    HongKongFoot likes this.

virago likes this.

They don't let people take pictures in pools because there are too many perverts around taking pictures of girls under water. Google and you'll find plenty of them. I quite like this policy.

One crazy culture here is guys with professional cameras taking pictures of girls everywhere. I'm not only talking about the "models" promoting phones or whatever in Mongkok or "comic" convention. Once I went to shek o beach and there were a group of guys, all with SLRs and super long lens, just sitting in the middle of the beach to take pictures of everyone! Totally made me sick!

People wearing masks when they're sick is better than people coughing and sneezing everywhere. Masks were not that common before SARS. It's a good habit if you ask me.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast