spiderman-3? your comments

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sunniefaith:
    Thanks! I'd rather save my money to watch The Bridge to Terabithia (don't the spelling) then!
    you are lucky dude. but i had to go thru that torture

in an underground bunker at an undisclosed location

What's with all the negativity here?

I went to see it last night and it was great! Sure there might have been some cheesy, cliched moments, but that's what comic book-adapted movie franchises are all about!!

Spidey being 'beaten-up'? made to look more like a victim rather than a hero? etc.. Come on! It's JUST A MOVIE! If you want to examine it further, consider this: He has to fight TWO villains, not ONE. One of which knows exactly how he operates (Venom). Hey, wouldn't any of you ask for help if you were facing two people in a fight? To even things out, maybe?

Emotional? sure! In spite of all his superhuman qualities, he has weaknesses, imperfections, flaws like the rest of us! (He is still HUMAN after all) And that is what draws us to him, REMEMBER??

Jeez people, it's almost like expecting Roman Polanski to do something about Bob-the-Builder! For what it's worth, I think Sam Raimi did an awesome job!

Notable scene-stealers were the J.K Simmons as JJ Jameson, and Bruce Campbell as the maitre'd.

although i thought the special effects were weaker than part 2, overall, i thought it was a good movie. i liked church's portrayal of the sandman and grace's venom was a lot better than i thought. i do wish that venom had more screentime, but besides all that, i still had a lot of fun.

parts 1 and 2 was where most of the character development was at so if people took part 3 as a continuation of one long story arc, like the third act of a 7 hour spiderman movie, i think people will enjoy it more. as a stand-alone film, i'd say spiderman 2 was still the best.

regarding missed opportunities, i think that prize goes to 'shooter'.

62% on RottenTomatoes.com, so that stuff about there not being a single positive post-release review is a load of crock.

I saw it last night, and I loved it. I think everything in that movie was handled well, and this is someone who was already expecting a jumble because of the number of villains / plots that Raimi had to integrate. I walked out of that theatre and thought to myself that Raimi actually wove together all of those plots really really well.

I too liked it. So Spidey gets kicked about a bit well what if he didn't you'd probably complain that the movie was too short. I thought the MJ romance thing was a little too long and Gwen was a lot hotter looking in the comics (but then so was MJ!). Overall, I thought the cgi was only average and continuity could have been better. I didn't like Parker living in that rat hole when everything around him was updated. OK, so he doesn't earn much as a freelance photographer but it didn't stop him getting a police radio scanner and computer. And how comes we didn't get to see him using his spidey-sense? Liked the web balls though.

Quote Originally Posted by discobay:
    I too liked it. So Spidey gets kicked about a bit well what if he didn't you'd probably complain that the movie was too short. I thought the MJ romance thing was a little too long and Gwen was a lot hotter looking in the comics (but then so was MJ!). Overall, I thought the cgi was only average and continuity could have been better. I didn't like Parker living in that rat hole when everything around him was updated. OK, so he doesn't earn much as a freelance photographer but it didn't stop him getting a police radio scanner and computer. And how comes we didn't get to see him using his spidey-sense? Liked the web balls though.
    agree with all of you that there are few good things ( which has to be ). but this movie able to even met your expectations which you should have from a spidey movie .. atleast not mine

can't stand a crying superhero... and it was too long and cheesy. kirsten dunst is totally irritating... none of the cast were excited about this sequel...

Last edited by goleoboy; 13-05-2007 at 11:56 AM.

so anyone keen to watch the pirates of the carribean when its starting this thursday ?

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaM:
    so anyone keen to watch the pirates of the carribean when its starting this thursday ?
    hmm. after the spede-3 experience , will prefer to wait for a week after release to know its review and then decide.