a hell of alot of work!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy a hell of alot of work!

Hi all,We'll be moving end of this month to HK and wonder if y'all have experience this problem.The moving company has suggested that we have to list all the titles and artists name of all our cds and dvds (about 1200 of them whoa!)
    Please help as this is going to be a hell of a long time doing that.Much appreciate.

We bought about 800 with us, all we had to write was number and approximate value.

We actually did have to make a claim so persavere it may be worth it in the end (saved me 300 pounds).

We used foxes and were moving from uk.

Last edited by plasticdog; 13-05-2007 at 09:34 PM.

Thanks Plastic dog.er what do you mean by number? as in number on the cd? Did the packers muck up or the shipment got lost?Gee,I hope nothing happens to ours.We do treasure our cd/dvds so.

We took ours out of the covers and just put them in the big folders.We then wrote how many we had and the value and we were done

Thanks,was just thinking of doing that (discarding the jewel cases altogether)since space is a premium in HK.

I just ripped a bunch of music into my laptop...

No, we didn't have to do this - I just had to list what was in each moving box and then gave a value to the whole lot.

So on the box with our Cd's / DVD's - they just had that labelled on the outside (no individual listing of titles).

re: CD's and DVD's

Faith,

Are there any rules regarding taking your CD's/DVD's to Spore? I heard S'pore govt charges a tax on *each* CD/DVD. Surely that cannot be true?!

Anyone know a cheap moving company looks like we will be moving to S'pore pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Babyd0ll:
    Faith,

Are there any rules regarding taking your CD's/DVD's to Spore? I heard S'pore govt charges a tax on *each* CD/DVD. Surely that cannot be true?!

Anyone know a cheap moving company looks like we will be moving to S'pore pretty soon.
    Honestly, I've never heard of that before. Spore is pretty tax free except for ciggies and alcohol. When are you moving? Congrats!

Thank god...

...I was pretty worried there. Thanks. I think mid-July. Will fill you in on the details when we meet next. Need your advice on a lot of things

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast