DB living for singles

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I couldn't agree more! I've enjoyed living where I live but need a change, so I'll be definitely looking once my lease is up end of Summer!

Getting drunk ?? Been there and done that ... I am awaiting the pal that introduced me to this forum to bring me round to view houses...

Thinking of Sai Kung cos I am lazy to take the Ferry to Central everyday...

Quote Originally Posted by Oz Girl:
    I couldn't agree more! I've enjoyed living where I live but need a change, so I'll be definitely looking once my lease is up end of Summer!
    You could have a look at Park Island as well. A lot smaller than DB though

It wasn't until too long ago that I was met with incredulous stares whenever I mentioned where I lived but I think the reputation of DB is changing and the new alfresco dining options and perhaps the saturation coverage of air pollution in HK media make people more aware of the benefits of remoter locales like DB. Plus, there's more to life than LKF.

ha, toolazy to take the ferry everyday...the air conditioned ferry that takes 25 minutes and runs every 12 minutes during morning rush hour. the ferry, where you are guaranteed a seat. the ferry, where you are able to enjoy your morning coffee while you read the paper...

or stuck in sai kung traffic...or possibly the overcrowded MTR...

let me think a while before i can decide which sounds like a better option to me...

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    ha, toolazy to take the ferry everyday...the air conditioned ferry that takes 25 minutes and runs every 12 minutes during morning rush hour. the ferry, where you are guaranteed a seat. the ferry, where you are able to enjoy your morning coffee while you read the paper...

or stuck in sai kung traffic...or possibly the overcrowded MTR...

let me think a while before i can decide which sounds like a better option to me...
    It's funny, I get that all the time too- people saying what a hassle it must be to commute all the way from Lamma every day!
    Yes, it is a serious hassle getting on the ferry with a croissant and coffee and reading my book for 25 minutes before I get off 5 minutes walk away from my office!
    Saying that, we're about to change all that and go and live near Sai Kung!

Quote Originally Posted by carang:
    ...the air conditioned ferry that takes 25 minutes and runs every 12 minutes during morning rush hour. the ferry, where you are guaranteed a seat. the ferry, where you are able to enjoy your morning coffee while you read the paper...
    Not to mention the free wifi access, which allows me to check what kind of day it's likely going to be at the office and decide if I should stock up on some extra caffeine before I get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz Girl:
    I know all about DB being great for families etc etc but there must be some people who live there with no kids, (surely!!)
    I've been here for 2 years and HK is great but am getting a bit over living in Central/ HK island. Am investigating my options for when my lease is up in a few months, so am curious to hear from anyone young/ single/ not a family living in DB.
    DB is a good place, h/e there are few with no family and kids. I did a stint there and so far what's been said in threads quite sums it. There is Lantau which you could check up on with a reasonable night life on weekends, nice cottages/flats near green and sea, allowing you to pop out for a jog, offering as clean a lifestyle as DB and Lamma. Allows you to have the option of a scooter or a car. I have recently moved to Lan tau and picked up my first set of wheels in HK and I just love it. great walks, great drives and allows me to continue with party life in Central/Wanchai.

I'm not single - late 20s, married (no children), but still love a night on the town!

Sometimes my husband and I feel like the only childless people in DB so I am glad to hear we aren't! Personally, I love living in DB. I've lived in downtown/central areas my entire 20s but DB is a nice change. I love relaxing on a saturday afternoon at the beautiful Siena Club pool, have had some really lovely meals at the water margin, and when you just feel like a cheap realxing drink you can just head over to the plaza... or grab a bench overlooking the water.

Central and Kowloon are an easy, comfortable ride away if I feel like a little more excitment.

chanakya....

party time in central and wanchai, then DRIVE home??? gosh, i hope not, for your sake and the sake of everyone else on the road!