Bloody Chinese Skin Animals ALIVE!!!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Editors sacked over Tiananmen ad

A NEWSPAPER in southwest China has sacked three of its editors over an advertisement saluting mothers of protesters killed in the 1989 Tiananmen Square crackdown, a source with knowledge of the gaffe said today.

Full story:
    http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...0-1702,00.html

An interesting sentence in the article: "Newspaper ads need to be vetted in China." Interesting. What other parts of the world does this happen in?

Hmmmm.....

On the original issue of skinning animals alive, who is most responsible for creating the demand for such things to happen? Is it not mostly Western fashion houses selling to Western women? And also the indifference that most people have towards cruelty to animals that make all this possible?

Animal rights and human rights are ultimately the same thing. The mindset we adopt against animals – that they are not one of us – is the exact mindset we adopt against people who are not one of us. We stake a claim to being special compared to another entity, human or animal, which governs how we treat them. All the violence you see in the world right now is because people separate along false and arbitrary national, political, religious, socio-economic or some other line, where the person on the other side becomes “not one of us” and therefore an enemy we need to get rid of.

We only pretend to get along and act as standard bearers of civilisation and mouth platitudes about peace and democracy in the developed countries because our bellies are full and we live comfortable lives, because we control the vast majority of the earth’s resources, and for the time being, this control is not threatened. If our way of life was threatened - and it will be in the coming decades when energy, water, food supplies will become acute – wars will break out, bombs will be dropped, whole swathes of populations wiped out. So much for being civilised.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Newbie100:
    wars will break out, bombs will be dropped, whole swathes of populations wiped out. So much for being civilised.
    ummm...that's actually happening right now, and has been happening throughout history....

Either you're against all animal killings - in which case, hey, we need to shut down every slaughterhouse on the planet - or none. You can't just pick the cute ones to get outraged over.

Well, you can, but meh..

Is it not mostly Western fashion houses selling to Western women?
    Wow, you must be new to Hong Kong. Look at all the damn fur worn here by locals in the "winter."

Animal rights and human rights are ultimately the same thing.
    Ummm, NO they actually are not. Animals are very delicious. Go hug a tree..hippy!

I love animals and all, but I put people first! Well, maybe not every person.......

when energy, water, food supplies will become acute – wars will break out, bombs will be dropped, whole swathes of populations wiped out. So much for being civilised.

Holy shit, its Nostradamus! Not exactly a newsflash dude...happened for thousands of years and have you watched the news lately? Greed, Jealousy, Corruption, Power - Welcome to Earth.
    Last edited by climber07; 07-06-2007 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hk999:
    You want money? Will you kill people for money? Will you rape people for money? Will you skin people alive for money?
    Well, is there a serious offer coming or not? I can't wait here all day....

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    Well, is there a serious offer coming or not? I can't wait here all day....
    as my good friend Montgomery "Monty" Burns once told me: "What good is money if it can't inspire terror in your fellow man?"....

Quote Originally Posted by hk999:
    Well, if you want it so badly, you may try the Mainland way! Kill, bribe, rob, skin animals alive, ....

But, PETA is after those animal skinners! Don't even try! Bribe is a relatively safe way though. See all the Mainland officials going to Macau to launder their green?
    PETA are full of shit...just like you. I couldn't give a rats ass about animals being skinned alive when there are kids starving every day in Darfur, Sudan. When people are dying in Ethiopia. We can't even get clean water and antibiotics to millions of people and you're telling me about how bad China is for skinning a few animals??? F**k YOU!!!

Take your save the animals sign and shove it up your ***! Pick your damn priorities!!

I'm all for skinning PETA members for my wallets and save a few cows. Bring it!

Sorry KIA....my blood is starting boil here. Pardon the profanities everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    Sorry KIA....my blood is starting boil here. Pardon the profanities everyone.
    i didn't know you were so good at "french"...
    Last edited by Mr.Bing; 07-06-2007 at 09:10 PM.