Like Tree5Likes

Man with a van 2011

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Man with a van 2011

Hi, all the threads on this seem to be a bit old so starting a new one. Has anyone got recent experience of a reasonably priced man with a van (English speaking preferably) that they can recommend?

I'm moving out of my serviced apartment in Midlevels to my new place in Sheung Wan and will have 2 large (air freight) boxes, a largeish suitcase and a medium suitcase to move.

I can do the trip a couple of times in taxis but it would be easier to do it all in one go.

I can carry the stuff myself but I do need someone I can trust to keep an eye on it while I drag everything to the lift (small lift will mean two trips) which is why I'd prefer not to use taxis.

Any recent prices please? And how much notice can I give? I'm hoping to move this Tues morning (or Mon evening) so can I just ring up that day?

Really appreciate any recent recommendations please!

Ring these guys half an hour before and they will do you door to door for around 50 or 60 HKD....you get 15 minutes load and 15 minutes unload time.

forgetmenot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Ring these guys half an hour before and they will do you door to door for around 50 or 60 HKD....you get 15 minutes load and 15 minutes unload time.
    Perfect, thank you Bryant!

Just to update this: I used the company Bryant recommended and was very happy. The van arrived within 15 mins of my call and they charged a measly $50. Bargain!

bryant.english likes this.

Hey, Can i ask did the guy help to get it in the van? Or did you have to move yourself? Thanks

Just wanted to ask if you can ride with them. Assuming you can but just want to check. Was it like a Hiace Van that turned up to take your things.
    Thanx

It's normal to ride with the van. It's almost always a Hiace or similar. Some of them will get very huffy if they have to put the bench seat down to fit in a wardrobe or something long but don't let that put you off, just tell them they have to!! The bigger trucks are more expensive, say, double...

Do they speak English?

The lady on the phone spoke English, the driver didn't. I made sure I had the address written in Chinese and a map with both Chinese & English names. It was very straightforward...just use the universal language of point, nod, smile.

bryant.english and ClueMinus like this.

I would like to recommend Mr. Magic Miracles, 93415261. He moved me today and was very helpful and friendly.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast