Faking the identity and got Permanent ID card as well

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Peon:
    What you are trying to say?

I should not report?
    When i know that this guy holds criminal background in Pakistan.
    Are you adding something new here? What sort of criminal background? You can't expect us to give our views if we don't know the story

Yes, what kind of criminal background?
    Maybe because of his past, this guy wants a new life in HK, where people don't know him and won't judge him for his past actions.
    I can't believe you're all advocating to turn this person in to the authorities!
    What if this was the 1940's and you new a jewish person was hiding from the nazis in your cellar, would you call the authorities?
    I'm honestly shocked. You guys would love it in Australia, they have a toll-free number where you can dob in illegal immigrants!

that comparison was not even in the same universe.

Sadly the guy comes from a part of the world that supports people who like to blow things up - preferably with lots of innocent people inside - now without entering into a HUGE debate on the rights & wrongs of such a view the problem is - IF something bad happens & this guy (or some one like him) was involved how guilty would you be if you suspected or knew something was wrong & did nothing?

There a probably hundreds of thousands of illegal pakistani immigrants around the world. Are you saying they are all potential terrorists?

>> Are you saying they are all potential terrorists?

Yes, all brown people are potential terrorists. Havent you been watching Fox news?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Are you adding something new here? What sort of criminal background? You can't expect us to give our views if we don't know the story
    I want to point out making a fake ID card and using it to perhaps get travel documents and yourself in to another country is most likely a criminal act that he commited in Pakistan.

Quote Originally Posted by ontheroad:
    Yes, what kind of criminal background?
    Maybe because of his past, this guy wants a new life in HK, where people don't know him and won't judge him for his past actions.
    I can't believe you're all advocating to turn this person in to the authorities!
    What if this was the 1940's and you new a jewish person was hiding from the nazis in your cellar, would you call the authorities?
    Um, read the posts again (or for the first time perhaps) and I think you will find that we are not all advocating dobbing him in. Of course on a public forum people have to be careful what they say. The comparison to the Nazis and the Jews is way out of line in my view unless you have any evidence that reporting him would result in his death.

no I'm not suggesting he IS a terrorist merely that he comes from a part of the world where the statistical likelihood that he MIGHT be is higher. Not ALL Nigerians are scam artists but if you get one of those 'invest in my scheme' emails from a Nigerian you view it with suspicion don't you? Sadly the actions of a few colour our perceptions & my view is that while one ABSOLUTELY cannot point a finger at all Muslims/Arabs/Pakistani's/etc BUT . . .

if an individual raises enough warning flags - fake ID criminal record ??? and is from a high risk part of the world one simply can't take a chance. The safety of the group outweighs the rights of the individual. And we aren't suggesting a firing squad merely that the individual be brought to the attention of the appropriate authorities who can investigate. Who knows perhaps he even has a legitimate case for asylum.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast