Like Tree26Likes

Where would you prefer to live?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

What do you enjoy doing? Do you like driving? Are you an adventurous couple? Enjoy nature? Wildlife? sports? Do you have pets? Are you both sociable or more the sort who enjoy the quiet with a good book? etc etc

As you don't have children or family to consider, you should instead consider the type of things you like to do so you can do them all the time !

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    The Tony thing refers to Mr Tony Chan Chun-chuen who happened to use the inheritance laws of Hong Kong to try and keep monies away from a charity.

Inheritance laws are very important to everyone living everywhere, not just Turkey. As its a Friday its best we discuss them now lest the discussion lasts into the weekend.

I know the Swiss have some weird inheritance laws too, can we talk about living there instead?
    This is what we both did. When we both live this lovely earth all our assets will go to charity half Salvation Army, half to the RSPCA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Koala:
    This is what we both did. When we both live this lovely earth all our assets will go to charity half Salvation Army
    Did you put in a money back guarantee just in case they were wrong about this heaven place?

After 2 days of reading, I still cant come to a good conclusion whether we have a very good troll on our hands or not...

on the fence about this. Turkey may just be a turkey to throw you off.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    After 2 days of reading, I still cant come to a good conclusion whether we have a very good troll on our hands or not...
    Don t think she is - She posted on here before in a rather decent way.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    My parent frequent pubs in the UK and I grew up going there for lunch and dinners out. Country-side, beer gardens, nice restaurants on the side, seats around open fires - wonderful places. Especially since they banned smoking. Never found anything like that in aus. Bars with dirty floors stinking of spilt beer is the thing I was. Referring to above as an australian "pub". I would not put a gastrobar in the category.
    I have to back MO7 on this. I've lived equally in country Victoria and big city Melbourne equally for 35 years. Places that don't smell like old alcohol are called bars or clubs. Lots of nice ones around, especially in Sydney and Melbourne.

Pubs look like the one that Homer Simpson goes to but dark, smelly and dingy. Play pool, get cheap beer, get laid. There are certainly upmarket pubs (in refurbished buildings that were once pubs) but people refer to them as restaurants/bistros/cafes/by name/or the nice place on the corner.

I want to be agreeable but that's what a pub is coming from an Australian.
    Skyhook and MovingIn07 like this.

Melbourne, Canada, New England, San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Laksa Girl:
    I want to be agreeable but that's what a pub is coming from an Australian.
    You mean a hotel....how many Aussies say pub?

Quote Originally Posted by Laksa Girl:
    I have to back MO7 on this.
    So your going to support M07 as long as we now understand that she meant 'pubs', not bars, cafes or bistros that may or may not have been pubs, that might have been refurbished.......

dumb

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast