Like Tree260Likes

detention of artist Ai Weiwei

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HKITperson:
    Wow, and they all freely told you what they want or was it in hushed voices in remote alleyways?
    Time to throw your "argument" in your face: so in your limitless experience of living in Mainland China all people's conversations were only about how wonderful the Communist Party is?
    dear giant likes this.

You kind of exaggerate a little bit in the last part. If your words AND actions threaten the government control, you are in trouble. Otherwise, not a big deal to speak one's mind especially online. I don't see Han Han, Li Chengpeng and their ilk in prison. On the contrary, they enjoy enormous popularity. Strangely, many mainland Chinese seem to be more anti-government than oversea Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    Not war torn but China is exactly like that. A large part of the population is afraid to speak their mind, online or in public by fear of prosecution or worse...
    Football16 likes this.

Time to throw your "argument" in your face: so in your limitless experience of living in Mainland China all people's conversations were only about how wonderful the Communist Party is?
    You are full of contradiction. On one hand the Chinese are afraid to speak their minds and everyone who does so will be murdered or thrown in the nearest Gualag. But on the other hand you claim to have talked with Bankers to roadsweepers.

Question are they now all in prison or dead after freely voicing their opinions on how bad their Government is?
    Football16 likes this.

You are full of contradiction. On one hand the Chinese are afraid to speak their minds and everyone who does so will be murdered or thrown in the nearest Gualag. But on the other hand you claim to have talked with Bankers to roadsweepers.

Question are they now all in prison or dead after freely voicing their opinions on how bad their Government is?
    It is amazing you do not want to see a difference between a private conversation between two people or a public sharing of opinions. Or do people only communicate with you on public forums?

When I was first employed there at a university I was explicitly instructed NOT to discuss Chinese politics with any Chinese person or I'd risk losing my job. Now if every tagged the government line, why else would they have this rule?
    Last edited by Gatts; 09-11-2011 at 04:31 PM.
    dear giant likes this.

It is amazing you do not want to see a difference between a private conversation between two people or a public sharing of opinions. Or do people only communicate with you on public forums?

When I was first employed there at a university I was explicitly instructed NOT to discuss Chinese politics with any Chinese person or I'd risk losing my job. Now if every tagged the government line, why else would they have this rule?
    Ok, we are getting somewhere. People are freely allowed to discuss topics without having to go through Masonic exchanges and they would not be thrown in Gulags or disappear in doing so? Phew, Just when I thought I had to travel in cognito, wear high collared raincoats and speak in hushed whispers in case there is a secret agent on the next table

When you are in the US, Log on to a US public forum and then express how you wish to start a revolution and that you have the means and backing to bring down the Government and explain how you want to do it. Be serious about it and then see what happens. You can also leave your full name and address. Will you do it?

Ok, we are getting somewhere. People are freely allowed to discuss topics without having to go through Masonic exchanges and they would not be thrown in Gulags or disappear in doing so? Phew, Just when I thought I had to travel in cognito, wear high collared raincoats and speak in hushed whispers in case there is a secret agent on the next table

When you are in the US, Log on to a US public forum and then express how you wish to start a revolution and that you have the means and backing to bring down the Government and explain how you want to do it. Be serious about it and then see what happens. You can also leave your full name and address. Will you do it?
    If you think censorship and crackdowns on "free speech" are the same in the US and China there is little hope for you.

If I say in any media in the US I do not like the president currently in power, talk about corrupt officials, anti-censorship, persecution of political opposition, crackdowns,... and leave my name under it I guarantee you you nothing will happen. I'd gladly do so. I dare you to do the same in China. Oh and good luck, don't drop the soap.
    Last edited by Gatts; 09-11-2011 at 06:03 PM.
    drumbrake and dear giant like this.

If I say in any media in the US I do not like the president currently in power, talk about corrupt officials, anti-censorship, persecution of political opposition, crackdowns,... and leave my name under it I guarantee you you nothing will happen. I'd gladly do so. I dare you to do the same in China. Oh and good luck, don't drop the soap.
    Yes, but if you do something that could potentially icite people's unrest then you can be guaranteed of a visit from the FEDs. You don't think your posts will be monitored or tracked? Think again.
    If you are so sure then perhaps you could do a posting on a forum to incite unrest. See how far your public opnions or free speech will get you. Would you dare?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    If you think censorship and crackdowns on "free speech" are the same in the US and China there is little hope for you.
    Well, both are the same basically. If your words, actions are perceived to be a threat to stability and would incite unrest or even revolution then no Government will tolerate it. It's really the extent of the actions.

You know nothing about Chinese History or the people there to understand that every revolution resulted in Millions dead and this is what the people and Government dreads will happen.... Every revolution started with a little spark. but there again, you don't care about the Chinese people do you?

How many have the CCP (the Chinese Government) killed? Read the book by Frank Dikötter, "Mao's Great Famine" if you need some help working out the answer.

Last edited by drumbrake; 09-11-2011 at 07:12 PM.
    dear giant, Dreadnought and Gatts like this.

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast