Like Tree22Likes

Gruesome Scene in Sheung Wan

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Apparently a German tourist fell to their death yesterday, trying to take a photo from top deck at the Jumbo floating restaurant, so my sister in law tells me who works nearby.

Purely accidental in that case though.

I've see 4 suicides by jumping in HK since I lived here. None of them did I see the actual jump, but I was there very shortly after they landed and could still see the body, blood coming from the head, etc. Terrible to see, and very sad that someone would do this to themselves.

Is that a feature of Park Island? I've been here 12 years and never seen one.

Quote Originally Posted by randy1:
    I've see 4 suicides by jumping in HK since I lived here. None of them did I see the actual jump, but I was there very shortly after they landed and could still see the body, blood coming from the head, etc. Terrible to see, and very sad that someone would do this to themselves.
    Suspect they bought a few flats at PI and seeing the prices drop they felt it was time for them to go

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Apparently a German tourist fell to their death yesterday, trying to take a photo from top deck at the Jumbo floating restaurant, so my sister in law tells me who works nearby.

Purely accidental in that case though.
    On the news it said alcohol was a factor, but accident none the less.

we had a jumper land just outside the entrance gate of our centre .....they jumped from the highrise above us.... we were lucky it happened at lunchtime on a sunday. we were able to cancel the afternoon classes. we were also lucky the jumper landed outside the school grounds and NOT in our private playground area. it could have been absolutely awful (i mean, more awful than it already was).... can you imagine a playground full of pre-schoolers and their parents having a jumper land on top of them?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Is that a feature of Park Island? I've been here 12 years and never seen one.
    me2 - 17 years and never seen one nor any other type of dead (traffic accidents and such).
    Most likely the location makes a big difference. I've always lived in/around Causewaybay and HappyValley.

Quote Originally Posted by aliendavid1:
    On the news it said alcohol was a factor
    On a Sunday at Jumbo with free-flow French sparkling wine for 5 hours? Surely not?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Personally I expect/hope my end to be drug-assisted. There seems to be a fairly well thought out mechanism using pentobarbital, which is an OTC drug in Thailand.
    The Nembutal highway always seemed the best and most dignified way to me too. If it's good enough for Dignitas it's good enough for me.

Just don't forget the anti emetic, and save yourself many thousands of $.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    At least in the USA you can just shoot yourself. Much easier, more private and more certain, I suspect.
    Nah, it's also known to have gone wrong. Or you have to use a shotgun under your chin, but it makes a real mess.

What a sad thread this is.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast