Like Tree5Likes

Fitness first - any good and approximate membership fees?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Fitness first - any good and approximate membership fees?

I'm thinking of joining fitness first, any good or bad experiences? Also, how much is monthly membership fees and are they negotiable?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Not a bargepole long enough...

i joined for 6 months in FF Olympia Plaza, paying something cant recall, 548 or 598, need to check.

Not much negotiation though, unlike california fitness.

admin and joining fees and all waived as I took body first for $600 something, which will be refunded later.

From what I gather - in both reading on here and speaking to people - Fitness First is pretty much nearly twice as expensive as California Fitness. I haven't been but can't see why. They don't have nearly as many clubs in HK and can't really offer anything superior to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ9:
    From what I gather - in both reading on here and speaking to people - Fitness First is pretty much nearly twice as expensive as California Fitness. I haven't been but can't see why. They don't have nearly as many clubs in HK and can't really offer anything superior to my knowledge.
    I have joined CF before and was highly disappointed honestly.

1) Yes more expensive, but no haggling for price, you know what you are paying and dont leave thinking, did I pay more?

2)They are not over crowded, unlike CF, where most of the machines, eg treadmills, were filled with eg. girls more interested in that their makeup and hair is intact, so they chose to walk slower than a snail, and yes I am saying for the experience, coz I have talked to a few girls there and the reply was (ok, one i remember is) dont want to get all sweaty and spoil my hair. More interested in finding men than working out.
    Before anyone thinks I was jealous, I was not, I was just annoyed ( as were a few other people I talked to) as I had to wait for the treadmills,for example, to get free, when I was least interested in men out there.
    If it helps, I was at CF Wan Chai, opposite immigration tower and went there around 8, after work. yes peak time and people like these, both girls and boys, made it worse.
    Never seen any such thing in FF, though I am paying more , I am much happier as I can get machines easily available.

3) No time restrictions like peak hours only, particular days only stuff.

4) No pushy sales people

5) Everytime you book a personal training session, you get a reminder and you have to input the password again in system after your training is finished. Trainers also know they just cant skip after booking someone, which is pretty common in CF, my experience and others too. at CF trainer booked me but never showed up,happened so many times.

6) Did not notice even one person (client) , who is not a FF staff, trying to offering personal training for cheaper, again very common in CF.

These are just a few positives I noticed in FF as compared to CF.

Paid extra but its worth it.
    lavina_ likes this.

Member in FF Sheung Wan.
    Contract is 24 months and limited to the Sheung Wan Branch ( not sure about that point).
    Paying 398/Month. No signing fee.
    Checked the new Physical in Sheung Wan, but decided to stay in FF.
    Even new, i don´t like the atmosphere and the "pushing" staffs.
    FF Sheung Wan Branch is quite bright, because of the big window fronts. Showers are bit old.
    Price difference was not big and i can second the comment mercury_element for the Fitness First staffs in Sheung Wan.

Hey thanks for the advice. I'm ok paying roughly 600 a month (maximum) so sounds as if it would be feasible. Also, ding even mention CF...had a trial a few years ago and they informed me I was "obese"! FYI my bmi is/was around 21 or so...never going back there that's for sure...

Sorry meant don't even mention not "ding" lol

Quote Originally Posted by mercury_element:
    I have joined CF before and was highly disappointed honestly.

1) Yes more expensive, but no haggling for price, you know what you are paying and dont leave thinking, did I pay more?

2)They are not over crowded, unlike CF, where most of the machines, eg treadmills, were filled with eg. girls more interested in that their makeup and hair is intact, so they chose to walk slower than a snail, and yes I am saying for the experience, coz I have talked to a few girls there and the reply was (ok, one i remember is) dont want to get all sweaty and spoil my hair. More interested in finding men than working out.
    Before anyone thinks I was jealous, I was not, I was just annoyed ( as were a few other people I talked to) as I had to wait for the treadmills,for example, to get free, when I was least interested in men out there.
    If it helps, I was at CF Wan Chai, opposite immigration tower and went there around 8, after work. yes peak time and people like these, both girls and boys, made it worse.
    Never seen any such thing in FF, though I am paying more , I am much happier as I can get machines easily available.

3) No time restrictions like peak hours only, particular days only stuff.

4) No pushy sales people

5) Everytime you book a personal training session, you get a reminder and you have to input the password again in system after your training is finished. Trainers also know they just cant skip after booking someone, which is pretty common in CF, my experience and others too. at CF trainer booked me but never showed up,happened so many times.

6) Did not notice even one person (client) , who is not a FF staff, trying to offering personal training for cheaper, again very common in CF.

These are just a few positives I noticed in FF as compared to CF.

Paid extra but its worth it.
    +1. Completely agree with all those points and would add that the chance of being subjected to indecent exposure is much lower at FF than at CF - experienced several guys cruising/parading around in the changing room in Wanchai branch and one guy openly masturbating in the showers in the LKF one. Showers and changing rooms are also in better condition than at at CF (although that might vary by branch).
    IMO FF is a perfectly fine mid-range gym, not as nice as Pure (but cheaper) and much better than CF (easily worth the extra KD200-300/month or whatever the premium is these days)

forgot to mention, for $598 (i think thats what I am paying) mine is all 4 clubs. Can go to any one of the four any time. Pay by credit card only, they charge your card every month, no lumpsum payment.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast